Forums Latest Members
  1. connieseamaster Jun 11, 2021

Anyone else browsing on mobile and finding the Cayman Jack ad makes it impossible for them to navigate the site once it pops up.

A screenshot taken during my first attempt at writing this post Screenshot_20210611-061242.png

The "Scroll to continue" function does not work and I had to back out of the page entirely.

I don't mind ads as a general rule, but when they start making the site impossible to navigate, that's when I feel the need to speak up.

2. jeppe888 Jun 11, 2021

i have not have the same problem at this sight but i definitely know the feeling, i think the best option might just be to use the computer but that's of course frustrating

3. DaveK Yoda of Yodelers Jun 11, 2021

You’ve bought a subscription though, so you shouldn’t have ads, are you logged in on your phone?

4. connieseamaster Jun 11, 2021

@DaveK, it seems like a kind person gifted me a subscription after I made this post. So my problem is gone, but the issue probably still remains for others.

Thank you to the kind soul that gifted me an ad free subscription.

I would still like to draw attention to the problem of popup/scroll ads that block use of the site. As I said previously, I have no problem with static banner ads or popups that can be dismissed easily. It's the ones that don't go away after a few seconds and take up the entire screen that I take issue with.

OF is a fantastic resource and community and I don't think the ads should be so intrusive that they make the site unusable unless you pay for ad free access. That will only be detrimental to the growth of the community in the long term, IMO.

5. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Jun 11, 2021

Perhaps you can pay it forward by gifting a subscription to the next person that complains about the ads