Casio Corner

Greetings all. I recently bought a Casio G-Shock ref G5600UE-1DR as a daily beater, particularly for when I'm travelling through the less salubrious parts of the world.
1000004325.jpg
It's the first Casio I've ever owned and I was quite impressed with the features which make it such a good travel companion. Rugged. Solar Charging. Ability to track multiple timezones. It's relieved my GMT itch completely 😁

Like all watch enthusiasts, it's now got me researching the history of these watches and looking at all the other models out there. Some of these can be quite expensive from what I can see, and might even be collectible. Yet at the same time, a Casio is often the first watch for many of us. This then got me thinking: Is there a sub forum on OF for Casio owners or enthusiasts? As far as I'm aware, there isn't one yet so I thought that I might start one up.

Looking forward to seeing your Casio watches (all types/vintage/modern) and hearing your stories. I've only just started with mine. Cheers!

Nice one Doc. 👍
My Son is a Casio fan and a G-Shock similar to yours was his choice on deployments to Sand Land.
I have a couple (F91W-1s) that I wear on holidays when I'm out in the general population.
My Darlin' has used BabyGs when bushwalking but now only wears the fruit watch.

I'll see if I can find pics.

Hey @HIXTAR, got any gung ho pics of you wearing a Casio?

@JimInOz
Thanks. Your post just reminded me of the one that was issued to me before I deployed to East Timor. My original service issue watch was a piece of crap and I asked if I could have a better one. The Q-store NCO pulled out a box of watches, rifled through it, and gave me this:
1000004326.jpg 1000004327.jpg 1000004328.jpg
I also wore it in the sand pit. Still have it.

Forgot about this. Here's a pic of the boy child wearing what I assume are two watches, one certainly a Casio (left wrist).

picwith two cars.jpg

Forgot about this. Here's a pic of the boy child wearing what I assume are two watches, one certainly a Casio (left wrist).

picwith two cars.jpg
Thanks for that. On a side note, I wonder what model carbine he's armed with? It looks like a 5.56mm of some sort.

Bought a steel cased Casioak in Japan last year.

IMG_7502.jpeg

The 3 varieties released by Casio
IMG_8254.jpeg

Another spotted in the wild in Greece a few weeks ago.
IMG_8662.jpeg

Bought a steel cased Casioak in Japan last year.

IMG_7502.jpeg

The 3 varieties released by Casio
IMG_8254.jpeg

Another spotted in the wild in Greece a few weeks ago.
IMG_8662.jpeg
Nice. Whilst I like the shape of this reference, I do wonder about the legibility of the little LCD display. Do you use the display much?

Nice. Whilst I like the shape of this reference, I do wonder about the legibility of the little LCD display. Do you use the display much?
Yes it’s good for the date. Especially whilst on holidays as days slipped away a few times.
Display is most legible at night also 👍
With several different variations. This one probably has the best as being a little green compared to some like the below one in my pictures above.
Edited:

Ok fine I’ll wear my original CasioOak or my Metal one.

image.jpg image.jpg

@DoctorEvil there you go!

please note this is the Bluetooth and Solar version. Not the regular metal cased one.

He also sent me a pic of him wearing a Casio today.

DJ_Casio_F-91W.jpg

Of course I had to reply to him.

Me Casio F-91W.jpg

New watch looks great Doc.
JimInOz/Dad is correct. I do love a G-shock. I don't even remember my watches prior to my first Casio G-shock.
My wife got me the G-7600 back in 2005 prior to going on deployment. I've lost count on how many trips around Australia and the world its been on over the years. Come 2012 before another deployment my wife surprised me with a new GD-101NS 30th Anniversary Nigel Sylvester Blackout Edition. It to did the trips to the Middle East and SE Asia. As you can see they are still do their job all these years later and from all the abuse and shenanigans they went through.
The 40th Anniversary GA114RE was a surprise from the lovely wife not too long ago. So I guess the Casio G-Shocks all hold a special place being gifts from my wife and never having a fault. They deserve a spot in my watch box. The beige Casioak with rose gold is hers...not mine. I allow it to stay there to keep the spot warm for when possibly get a Longines Hydroconquest GMT ..... I haven't told her that yet.

The classic Casio CA-53WF-2B is a throw back to primary school when people were blown away if you had a calculator on your wrist. Plus it reminds me Knight Rider. Lastly - the F-91W is the Yoda of Casios so I had to get one.

The other two photos are of the G-7600 doing the rounds in Bahrain and Iraq around 2008.
I wouldn't mind getting a top tier MudMaster just because that one will last even if Australia goes down the Mad Max route.

@HIXTAR
Nice collection of watches and thanks for sharing. I remember the "calculator on the wrist" too when they first came out. Electronic calculators in general were only just getting into the market and as a young kid they seemed like the bee's knees. No more messing around with pen and paper!

Here's my Iraq pic from circa early 2007. If you look closely, you can just see the Casio peeking out from under my left sleeve:
1000006419.jpg

Here's one for those who are both avgeeks and Casio fans. At time 0:08 in the video you can see this Italian F-35 pilot wears a G-Shock (it says "Tough Solar" on the bezel). Extra points for those who can identify the reference:

1000006418.png

@HIXTAR
Nice collection of watches and thanks for sharing. I remember the "calculator on the wrist" too when they first came out. Electronic calculators in general were only just getting into the market and as a young kid they seemed like the bee's knees. No more messing around with pen and paper!

Here's my Iraq pic from circa early 2007. If you look closely, you can just see the Casio peeking out from under my left sleeve:
1000006419.jpg

Hahahaha, that's brilliant. Good old cross swords

Here's one for those who are both avgeeks and Casio fans. At time 0:08 in the video you can see this Italian F-35 pilot wears a G-Shock (it says "Tough Solar" on the bezel). Extra points for those who can identify the reference:

1000006418.png

Pitch Black …. My neck of the woods. Do a bit of work with it and it’s been a huge build up this year. (Ran the whole clearance of all aircraft for it once)
Just back from volleyball and the jets take off just off from the courts. Great seeing the afterburners as the sun goes down.