Caseback question

so currently interested in this watch in the future sometime.

https://www.omegawatches.com/en-gb/...rsary-series-chronograph-42-mm-52220423006001

it's the speedmaster professional in the sedna gold colorway from the tokyo olympics.

my main question is, has anyone ever bought the sapphire caseback and put it on this watch? should there be any issues in doing so? i have no interest in having the olypics caseback on the watch and would rather see the cool movement.

i saw a pic of an omega collector that had this on a leather brown deployant and fell in love, with the watch of course.

You would need to source the 1863 sapphire caseback. Should be a direct swap, no movement spacer replacement necessary like if you retrofit an 1863 caseback to an 1861 model. Note that aftermarket casebacks that advertise to fit the 1861 models will not work on this case.

Can confirm this; some of the aftermarket case back providers advertise that their case backs fit the 1863 but in my experience, they do not.

You would need to source the 1863 sapphire caseback. Should be a direct swap, no movement spacer replacement necessary like if you retrofit an 1863 caseback to an 1861 model. Note that aftermarket casebacks that advertise to fit the 1861 models will not work on this case.
Can confirm this; some of the aftermarket case back providers advertise that their case backs fit the 1863 but in my experience, they do not.

Awesome, thanks for the responses guys!

also would the newer tapered bracelet have issues fitting on this watch? would i have to get different adaptors from forstner or so for it to fit?
Edited:

Awesome, thanks for the responses guys!

also would the newer tapered bracelet have issues fitting on this watch? would i have to get different adaptors from forstner or so for it to fit?

The 3861 bracelet fits without modifications. The A11 50th flat link requires either a modified end link OR a US/Forstner end link.

The 3861 bracelet fits without modifications. The A11 50th flat link requires either a modified end link OR a US/Forstner end link.

thanks!