Forums Latest Members
  1. Habitant Sep 10, 2012

Hi, I have a cal 30T in a case whose internal back number is 10422722. As most of you will no doubt already know, this suggests that the case/watch originates in the 1940s. It's been fitted with a modern plastic generic glass and I'd like to replace it with a genuine Omega one, but have no idea what case style number this represents - or if, in fact, a genuine Omega crystal is even available for it.

Any wisdom to share out there?

Thanks in advance!

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 10, 2012

Need pics mate, front shot, a photo of the movement, and a photo of the inside of the caseback at the least, decent resolution and good quality and focus

3. Habitant Sep 10, 2012

Here you go - before cleaning it, apologies for the look of it. As you can see, there are no additional numbers on the case back.

_MDH8826.jpg _MDH8828.jpg _MDH8829.jpg
  4. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Sep 10, 2012

Omega didn't use branded crystals or crowns for all watches back then. It's very difficult to assign a case reference to these pre-1948 models. Without the case reference, it's almost impossible to determine if there is a genuine Omega crystal that would fit the watch.

I suspect that there is one to fit, it's more a question of which one?
    gatorcpa

5. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Sep 10, 2012

These watches take a generic acrylic crystal (non-ring crystal). Tricky to find the right size since you will need the exact measurement and add a bit to it (say 0.5mm or so) since they have to be a smidgen larger (not the case with the ring crystals which have to be the exact fit). These crystals are cheap and are readily available for under $5 each and can be purchased in bulk on ebay for much less than that.