Forums Latest Members

Cartier ladies watch- where to buy?

1. EatMan May 31, 2016

My wife wants a Cartier Ballon Bleu. Know of plenty of great places to buy Omega and Rolex (such as this forum) but no idea where I can get a good price on a Cartier. No grey market and no used. she will definitely want to official warranty and paperwork. Any suggestions other than my local authorized dealers?

much appreciate any help.

2. ulackfocus May 31, 2016

No grey market and not used, plus she definitely wants the official warranty and paperwork, yet you don't want to go to an AD.

Um, what kind of answer do you expect?

chronos, argonbeam, OMGRLX and 5 others like this.
  3. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept May 31, 2016

4. tyrantlizardrex May 31, 2016

image.jpeg

5. tyrantlizardrex May 31, 2016

OMGRLX likes this.
  6. Nobel Prize Spell Master! May 31, 2016

My wife has one. Great watch. I understand the quartz dilemma but don't believe automatic movements are that much more expensive to produce on watches that are that price and double that.

Syrte and EatMan like this.
  7. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept May 31, 2016

That's what "luxury" means. Plus it is a beautiful watch.

[​IMG]

(pulling a @meganfox17 here)

8. EatMan May 31, 2016

Thanks for your wonderfully helpful answer. I said local AD for a reason. There are AD across the country that are more open to negotiating than my local AD.

9. tyrantlizardrex May 31, 2016

You seem to have the answer to your own question there chap... An AD. Be they local or not.

10. Nobel Prize Spell Master! May 31, 2016

The variances for Cartier outside the Gray or secondary market are going to be marginal. You're better off at the local AD as, being a local, they will have more incentive to capture your loyalty.

I

11. tyrantlizardrex May 31, 2016

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess. ;)

Syrte and Nobel Prize like this.
  12. EatMan May 31, 2016

13. Nobel Prize Spell Master! May 31, 2016

Always, but this one has definately achieved a certain place on its own merit.

14. EatMan May 31, 2016

Thank you. Now this is a helpful feedback and something to think about. We have some history at a local Cartier boutique but I assume they will not bother with any negotiation.

15. EatMan May 31, 2016

Yes and no. For example there are Omega AD known to provide excellent pricing than some of my local ones, like Jim at Continental. Looking for an equivalent for Cartier.

David SW, is not an AD, but heard he can obtain new Rolex with proper warranty, I believe. I could be wrong but that's what I recall reading. Sellers like that.

So, To clarify would consider a "grey" market seller that can provide a manufacturer's warranty.

Edited May 31, 2016
  16. ulackfocus May 31, 2016

This story has played out hundreds of times - so often that I don't bother marking the threads anymore. The cliff notes:

1) Member wants to save a few bucks
    2) Member believes they can save a few bucks by buying from some place other than an AD
    3) Member gets screwed on purchase and wishes they never tried to save a few bucks
    4) Member comes here and rants about the place that screwed them, even though it was their own stupidity / cheapness that caused the problem

That's the short version. The long versions have different details but the same endings.

So, the REAL question is do you want to be another Aesop's Fable with a moral at the end of the story for others to learn from, or do you want a 100% authentic, new, and FACTORY warrantied Cartier for your wife that you won't lose any sleep over?

Aesop or Authentic..... your choice.

OMGRLX and Syrte like this.
  17. Nobel Prize Spell Master! May 31, 2016

You can try. What's the harm?

18. EatMan May 31, 2016

Good points even with diss thrown in. Actually appreciate this feedback. I don't agree with everything you said but certainly will consider this feedback from mr 20k. Newbie certainly open to learn.

19. EatMan May 31, 2016

She's buying a piece of jewelry that happens to be a watch. And that is what she wants. For her whether Quartz or not she would not care. I know. Blasphemy around here.

20. Nobel Prize Spell Master! May 31, 2016

Not at all. Last time I was at Cartier ( getting this exact watch for my wife) we where discussing the quartz issue. The majority of women pieces sold at Cartier are quartz. Most, my wife included, rather not have to wind, or set, or care about the mechanics. She wants a classic piece that she likes and enjoys on her own terms and fuck a duck if I say something.

That said I just bought her am oyster perpetual to start converting her.