Forums Latest Members
  1. MimiRoryG. Apr 4, 2016

Hi! I found this forum after unuseful research about vintage Omega watch my dad owns. He has great collection, and I found this watch, which I started to search about, being curious for everything about it. I lost time and didn't find much, except that similar watches are made around 1939. Still, these look different from one I got. Mine has sub second and 15 jewels, working, but I have to mention that watch doesn't have back cover (to help the identification). Does anyone have the idea, or any info about this watch? I would appreciate any help

DSCF7977.JPG DSCF7979.JPG DSCF7985.JPG
  2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Apr 4, 2016

It was not originally a watch. Serial number puts the watch around 1926 for original production.

This is a pocketwatch converted over to a watch, with welded on lugs.

Or at least I am pretty sure.

3. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Apr 4, 2016

I think you meant it wasn't originally a wristwatch. The movement photo shows the old hinge so I think you're correct.

Foo2rama likes this.
  4. MimiRoryG. Apr 5, 2016

Thank you, Foo2rama and efauser, now I finally learnt what I wanted, I would never find out myself, that it was originally a pocketwatch.
    It's good to hear experts' opinion, and I'm glad I found this forum, it's bookmarked to visit in future, and not just to ungratefully use it for one question and leave forever :)

5. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 5, 2016

I don't think it's a converted pocket watch, more likely produced as a wrist watch with the strap lugs original to the case.
    For clearer assessment it would help if we could see the number under the balance, this would help with further identification.

It will be near the red ellipse

Savonette26.5.jpg

6. MimiRoryG. Apr 5, 2016

Thank You so much for Your response. I took better look at lugs, it seems they are original part of the case. I took magnifying glass to see the number under the balance, and wrote it down. However, it was pretty difficult, not only because of the small numbers, but more because of constant-moving balance. If I saw good (on sunlight), number is 26.5 SOB
    I wish this can help for identification, if I saw correct sign.

7. Canuck Apr 5, 2016

8. MimiRoryG. Apr 5, 2016

I took a look now, it's good description of these watches, from 1926-1932, thank You for posting this, it's really helpful, I bookmarked it. Definitely the number under the balance was necessary for identification.
    Thanks a lot, Foo2rama, efauser and Canuck for your time, your responses and help :thumbsup:

9. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 5, 2016

What a coincidence, have a look at the title of the pic I posted earlier ;)

(hover over the pic and look in the status bar at the bottom of the page)

10. MimiRoryG. Apr 5, 2016

I looked now, real coincidence!!! You actually posted just to show the place where to look for, and turned out picture is the same :thumbsup: