Forums Latest Members

Can you order OEM natos for LEs separately?

1. Skyblue44 Jan 11, 2019

Sorry if this has been posted before, but my search did not turn up a satisfactory answer.

I see that people have been able to order silver snoopy straps separately, but how about the nato straps for the Ultraman or Commander's watch? I am also interested in getting the vintage style tang buckle with the Omega logo attached on top.

The AD I visited here in South Korea told me that because the strap for the Commander's watch does not have its own reference number, you need to actually have the watch serial number to order it. So in other words, you can only get replacement straps for the LE you have.

Does anyone have experience with this?

2. Meme-Dweller Jan 11, 2019

Yes, it can be ordered. I've ordered the LE Spectre NATO before.

No, a serial number is not needed, though it does help them find the exact strap you need more easily in the system.

Find an Omega Boutique, not AD.

3. Skyblue44 Jan 11, 2019

Thanks, I will try the boutique. But isn't the Spectre nato the same as the two stripe grey nato anyway?

4. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jan 11, 2019

You ordered the one that says 007 on it? Not the identical one that just says omega?

LE parts are not available anymore unless you have one.

5. 8100_RPM Jan 11, 2019

I was able to purchase the ST1 NATO strap from an Omega Boutique. Ironically, I purchased it while I was picking up my ST2.

6. Skyblue44 Jan 11, 2019

It seems that there are different experiences based on location. If LE parts, especially natos, are not available for sale unless you have the LE watch, I will just wait for a similar design to come out from moose strap co. or Blushark straps.

Oh, did we ever find out who supplies the nato straps to Omega?

7. ama98 Jan 12, 2019

I like that strap as well. So, I have contacted omega customer service and they replied by stating that they cannot share the reference number of the nato strap of the commander's watch because bla bla LE etc etc.
    I did not give up so I emailed a few OBs and 3 of them responded and shared the same reference number of the strap.

the Reference Number of the Nato-strap is 032CWZ006531. The price is 150,-€. or £120.

I
    n addition, I was told that they can order it.
    I assume it will come without the 007 engraving.

I did not order yet but hopefully in the near future.

8. Skyblue44 Jan 12, 2019

Great! Let me try that. Anybody have the reference number for the ultraman nato and vintage style tang buckles?

9. Meme-Dweller Jan 12, 2019

Yes, it was the one with the 007 logo on one of the keepers. Buckle was sold separately from the NATO.

Foo2rama likes this.
  10. OmegaLife Jan 12, 2019

I have seen the ST1 NATO strap in my local OB for sale.

11. mikekchc Jan 12, 2019

Yeah, I would definitely not go to an AD, but try an OB for best success.

That being said, the OB raised the strap prices a while back, so I bought the same thing for 100 dollars CAD cheaper in my AD since they had it in stock.

Some folks on the forum have mentioned that some OBs will not let you buy LE OEM straps unless you own that, thought that has never been my experience.

The OBs have a catalogue where they can find the exact straps from each watch (and their serial number). So if you let them know by describing the strap for the watch, you are good to go. They may have to order it for you if they don't have it in stock.

I assume you know, but deployants and buckles are sold separately...

12. Skyblue44 Jan 12, 2019

Would you mind sharing which OB this is?

13. Skyblue44 Jan 12, 2019

Yes, I have seen that catalogue, but it only lists the standard natos and leather straps, as well as the buckles. It does not list the reference numbers for LE parts. Even the olympic natos were not listed in the one I saw, perhaps because the catalogue was older.

The sales reps don't seem too enthusiastic about finding out the numbers for you either, probably because compared to watch sales, the proceeds from parts sales must be considered chump change.

Once you find the reference numbet for them though, they seem to be OK with ordering the part.

14. Skyblue44 Jan 12, 2019

I think the ST1 nato strap would look good with my Mitsukoshi mod. Black and white only!

15. Skyblue44 Jan 12, 2019

And has anyone purchased these ST1 straps from this ebay seller? I am talking about the ones that come without the buckle. They look legit, and I suppose one could just order a 20mm brushed tang buckle from Omega to go with it, although it won't be the vintage style buckle that comes with the ST1 or ST2.
    Screenshot_20190113-120640_eBay.jpg

16. Skyblue44 Jan 12, 2019

This ebay seller also seems to gives some clues regarding the manufacturer of Omega OEM straps: Janisset SAS.

Screenshot_20190113-121558_Samsung Internet.jpg

fakinbacon likes this.
  17. Ian_km Jan 13, 2019

Yes, I bought an ST#1 strap off that eBay seller without the buckle, seems genuine and excellent quality, Omega and #speedytuesday engraving all look correct.

I just added the buckle off the stock nato that came with my pro, since I’ve only used it on my standard speedy, as I’ve yet to get an ST#1.

Skyblue44 likes this.
  18. Skyblue44 Jan 13, 2019

Thanks for your confirmation!

19. mikekchc Jan 13, 2019

oh, my bad. Haven't personally looked for an LE strap, so I just assumed that you could

20. Skyblue44 Jan 14, 2019

No problem. I don't suppose there will be too many people obsessed with getting just the strap for their regular non-LE Omegas.