Forums Latest Members
  1. blamblam Apr 4, 2014

my dad has had this omega for years, we aren't that clued up as to model type or age, but believe it to be from 60's he was left it.

it has guarantee, original box, strap, documents etc. stainless steel strap, in great condition

could anyone help identify it and possibly value it ?

thanks

ben

image.jpg
    ainterian likes this.
  2. MyVintageOmega Apr 4, 2014

In the most case.....members would like to see more close up pic's, of the dial, inside case back and movement containing a series of #'s. Just based on the image you have posted... I would guess this to be a Stainless steel 30 dating from 1960's and if this was to be the correct assumption I would place a value of 4 to 5 hundred US. In no way I am an expert on these so more pic's will result in a more accurate answer........good luck!

3. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Apr 4, 2014

If it's your dad's I advise against selling it. You should keep it as your family heirloom.
    Knowing the value ( which I think around 400 to 500 is about right) is fine, but sentimental value is much higher than that.

4. blamblam Apr 5, 2014

Took a few more images, I couldn't find a clean way to take the back off, so just shot a few of the guarantee and other information

DSC_0002.JPG DSC_0003.JPG DSC_0004.JPG DSC_0005.JPG DSC_0006.JPG DSC_0007.JPG
  5. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Apr 5, 2014

Pretty good condition watch !!! very clean dial, very sharp case.......:thumbsup:

6. John R Smith Apr 5, 2014

blam

Thank you for the much improved photos. Your watch is from 1961 and the movement is probably a calibre 268 or 269, which is a manual wind movement with the sub-second dial in a very nice stainless steel case. The case ref could be 14713 or 14391 (edit). These are not especially rare, but certainly collectible when in great condition as yours is.

7. blamblam Apr 5, 2014

Its not considered a lifelong heirloom, as my father was given it about 15 years ago.
    my next question would be (if we wanted to sell it) for how much I should be advertising it for ? We are UK based, I wonder can you recommend a good online site that would be a place to start ?

8. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Apr 5, 2014

There is a for sale section here that you would be able to put it on. But you probably will have a few messages coming from people that now know you would like to sell it.

Put it on a nice leather strap and wear it for a bit before you do sell..;) You will be surprised what a difference a leather strap will make.

CanberraOmega likes this.
  9. initialjh Apr 6, 2014

nice. very nice.

i'm sure if you list in sale forum there will be a few interested people

10. John R Smith Apr 6, 2014

eBay is the obvious answer, and an auction listing with really good photographs and a proper description will also tell you exactly how much it is worth. I would guess at between £300 to £400 in the UK. Although it has a nice stainless case, factors which mitigate against its value are 1) it is manual wind, not automatic and 2) it is not a Seamaster.