Can this vintage Longines steel bracelet be fixed?

Dear Longines aficionados

I happened to get a nice vintage Longines steel bracelet along with a Conquest 9000. Unfortunately, the bracelet is in two pieces (the seller was transparent about it).

One end has a blade with two thorns on either side, the other end has a slot. The one end with the blade fits into the slot, but as the blade including the thorns are exactly as wide as the slot, the two pieces do not hold together. Is there perhaps a piece missing?

Thank you for your help!

IMG_8376 Kopie.jpg IMG_8377 Kopie.jpg IMG_8378.jpg

Like 3
will check mine in the coming days and send you pictures

will check mine in the coming days and send you pictures

We chat every day and you‘re telling me this now? :whipped:

Like 2
We chat every day and you‘re telling me this now? :whipped:
You didn't remind it to me ::bleh::

Like 1
Dear Longines aficionados

I happened to get a nice vintage Longines steel bracelet along with a Conquest 9000. Unfortunately, the bracelet is in two pieces (the seller was transparent about it).

One end has a blade with two thorns on either side, the other end has a slot. The one end with the blade fits into the slot, but as the blade including the thorns are exactly as wide as the slot, the two pieces do not hold together. Is there perhaps a piece missing?

Thank you for your help!

IMG_8376 Kopie.jpg IMG_8377 Kopie.jpg IMG_8378.jpg

Could we get a pic of the watch too please? Thanks!

Thanks for your comments so far and for pointing me to direction of potential help.

@seekingseaquest thanks for linking me up with the new owner of the bracelet. He didn’t the solution and will ask his watchmaker.

I also asked vintagelongines on IG. He suggested taking a link apart to understand the mechanism of the bracelet. Which would lead me to the question how I take one of those links apart haha.

I’ll keep you posted, but I’m afraid this will be a long-term project.