Can this T2 be true?

Posts
3,151
Likes
6,549
Sorry my friends,: actually only one picture in two versions.

Wrong hands , redial??
I founs another one (google lens) with "swiss".:



Are fakes known? merci!

 
Posts
13,628
Likes
18,979
What is the case reference? Movement serial?

I seem to remember that there were a lot of NOS examples of this style of dial floating around the internet in the early 2000's. No one was sure whether they were service replacements or fakes at that time.
gatorcpa
 
Posts
3,151
Likes
6,549
I am in contact with the seller.... and waiting for more. I have a similar impression....
 
Posts
282
Likes
64
What is the case reference? Movement serial?

I seem to remember that there were a lot of NOS examples of this style of dial floating around the internet in the early 2000's. No one was sure whether they were service replacements or fakes at that time.
gatorcpa
Here is mention, that such style dial is genuine Omega service dial. Don't know if it's so.
https://vintage-portfolio.com/de/sh...umbo-30t2-ref-2272-with-salmon-two-tone-dial/

Here is mentioned, that dial was refurbished: https://vintage-portfolio.com/shop/omega/great-oversize-jumbo-omega-two-tone-dial-30t2/
 
Posts
282
Likes
64
I believe that the dial we are discussing is too shiny and fresh for a dial that is eighty years old. It must be taken into account that this is not a waterproof case, and it is impossible that in eighty years there will not be a single stain due to humidity and seasonal temperature changes.
I suppose it's quality refurbished dial - I don't belive it's untouched one, from 194X
 
Posts
8,247
Likes
29,140
First, the watch shown by the OP is not a 30T2Rg Chronometre, as the case is not correct.

Secondly, there is zero chance, IMO, that the dial is original. Likely a high-quality German redial.
 
Posts
3,151
Likes
6,549
Secondly, there is zero chance, IMO, that the dial is original. Likely a high-quality German redial.
direct hit: the watch is offered in Germany...
 
Posts
3,646
Likes
7,755
Firstly the hands are wrong
Secondly the dial type is well known - its out of a batch of dials which were sold several years ago on ebay and on watch shows (i.e. Munich watch trader show) frequently.
But nobody knows the origin... I suppose that somebody had good connections to a dial manufacturer and ordered a larger batch of dials because the condition and quality of the execution are far too good to have been performed by a dial restorer. - I don´t know any of the dial restorers who was able to print such a dial - it is quality work out of a dial company.
Variants: subseconds, centre seconds, steel indexes, yellow gold indexes and rose gold indexes, chronometre version and non-chronometer version have shown up.
I have documented some of them in my chronometer book. You only need to read the chapter about dials- well its a rather voluminous chapter I must admit... 😉