Forums Latest Members
  1. ClevelandOhioUSA Mar 11, 2013

2. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 11, 2013

It is a modified pocket watch, probably not worth what ever they are asking and of little collector interest.

3. ClevelandOhioUSA Mar 11, 2013

Thank U Much! cicindela - you saved me much money ... John

4. ulackfocus Mar 11, 2013

Don't buy ANYTHING from the Ukraine.

Ever.

Mothra and SpikiSpikester like this.
  5. ulackfocus Mar 11, 2013

A question - how did your screen name come up in the link to the watch's pictures? Is it something to do with a picture host?

6. ClevelandOhioUSA Mar 11, 2013

ulackfocus, I just bought this watch for 400.00 on eBay before I seen your post above, I hope I did not make a mistake, I'll let you know when or if I receive it? ... I did not see a screen name, or was not paying any attention to it on the watch pictures, wish me luck! - John
    cicindela: I could not resist, it looked 2 good, I hope I do not burn for it ... John

7. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 11, 2013

It's an old pocket watch, with a refinished dial.

If that's not what you want you should cancel the transaction ! Getting your money back from these characters after you've paid is not always straightforward...

8. ClevelandOhioUSA Mar 11, 2013

Thanks SpikiSpikester, I'm going 2 take my chances on this one, I'm learning the hard way, I don't know that much about
    watchec, maybe I'll get lucky, I do like the looks of this watch; I hope every turns out the way I 'imagine' it 2-B ... John

9. ClevelandOhioUSA Mar 11, 2013

Sorry, thaat should have been "watches" above.

10. ClevelandOhioUSA Mar 11, 2013

If I could ask, does anyone have any other info on this watch?

11. dkennyken Mar 11, 2013

Hi, It isn't a wrist watch as such or it never was in a previous life...
    Will be quite large on you're wrist I imagine, and would have been worth more as a pocketwatch, although I'm no expert.
    I would get a refund if I were you and then buy one from here on the for sale page.There's plenty of bargains to be had aswell as good advice!

12. ClevelandOhioUSA Mar 11, 2013

Thank you dkennyken for your thoughts, but I think I am going to take a chance on this sale - I love this watch, I hope I am
    not disappointed - John

13. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 12, 2013

You're certainly entitled to buy what you like, but please after purchase don't post pictures of it here as it is not a genuine Omega, but rather a cobbled together pile of Eastern European made parts with a $30 movement slapped in it.

Trev likes this.
  14. Trev The Architect Staff Member Mar 12, 2013

As everyone here has mentioned, I wouldn't recommend purchasing anything from the seller (especially pieces like this).

If you're after something in particular, there's plenty of people here who would be happy to lend a hand. :)

15. ClevelandOhioUSA Mar 12, 2013

Thank you for that dsio, I am sorry to hear that. I was told 'after I bought this watch by ulackfocus to "Don't buy ANYTHING from the Ukraine.

Ever." If I had seen this before I bought the watch, I would never have bought it, - are there any other concerns I should have?
    Thank You! again for that information - John

16. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 12, 2013

Honestly if you paid by paypal you can return it and get your money back, for similar money you can get a real vintage Seamaster automatic which makes for a very good daily wear watch

17. Trev The Architect Staff Member Mar 12, 2013

Agreed. You'd be far better off returning this one and purchasing a Genuine watch later on. Once this one arrives, you can file a claim through Paypal to get your money back. Don't worry if you haven't done this before, it's relatively easy to take care of.

18. ClevelandOhioUSA Mar 12, 2013

Thank You dsio and Trev, I hope others will learn from my mistakes - John

19. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Mar 12, 2013

if you like it, keep it. you seem focused on it, so just be happy. kind regards. achim

20. ClevelandOhioUSA Mar 12, 2013

Thank U! watchyouwant {achim} - that was Beautiful, just what I needed 2 hear right now ... John