Forums Latest Members
  1. Paddington477 Sep 28, 2015

Hi there
    My grandmother gave me this watch today it appears to be a vintage Omega. Does anyone know what year or model it might be?
    Thanks

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
  2. devnull Sep 28, 2015

There is a good chance that it is an Omega. Without a shot at the mechanism and the back of the case back (where the reference number is inscribed) you can't say for sure.

3. devnull Sep 28, 2015

Can we get a sticky saying 'if you want us to identify a watch, at the very least have this, this, and this on your post or it will be deleted'? I don't mind looking stuff up, but it gets old to play the horology version of 20 questions.

4. tamura Sep 28, 2015

:rolleyes:

5. Paddington477 Sep 28, 2015

I have no information about this watch - I just thought it wise to consult Omega peers as a first stop. Thanks

image.jpg image.jpg
  6. devnull Sep 28, 2015

Sorry, I did not mean to be rude but you can't tell by just one picture. If you look, today alone there are about four posts just like this that can't be helped because it is just one frontal picture.

7. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Sep 28, 2015

Is it rude to just post this link? It spells out pretty well what's needed. https://omegaforums.net/threads/vintage-omega-posting-guide.383/

8. vinn2 Sep 28, 2015

un fortunately, you need to know how to properly remove the case back and have a proper camera. a good jeweler could do that and e-mail you a photo which you could study the numbers on the movment and the case back. he may charge,but no big deal

Paddington477 likes this.
  9. Paddington477 Sep 28, 2015

Thanks to all - no worries - your help was appreciated,
    As i have no information about the watch at all, and as the back is unmarked by anything - i thought there might be a chance that someone might just say " oh yes - thats a xxxx" Its no dramas at all, thank you for your time.

Cheers

TexasKevin and Alpha like this.
  10. Paddington477 Sep 28, 2015

Just had these shots taken of the inside, it's gorgeous :) hope these shots help in identifying it.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
  11. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Sep 28, 2015

It looks to me to be a nice "Omega 30", a generic term from the diameter of the caliber (265). Before the late 1950s not many Omegas had model names.

The 265 movement was introduced in 1949, the serial number places yours at about 1950. It is known as a manual wind, sub-second movement.

It was cased in the UK by Dennison as many Omegas of that time. This was usual practice to import movements and case them in the destination country due to import taxes on fully assembled wrist watches and other similar regulations.

It looks all original to me except for the crown which may have been replaced in one of the many services it has obviously had.

Although yours isn't in pristine condition, a sympathetic clean, oil and adjust servicing should provide you with a very nice Omega.

The 265 details (30 T3 PC AM 15 p) mean base caliber 30 version 3, Shock Protected, Anti Magnetic, 15 jewels.

I think @MMMD has some similar watches in amazing condition.

ChrisN and Paddington477 like this.
  12. Paddington477 Sep 29, 2015

13. Paddington477 Sep 29, 2015

Thank you kindly @JimInOz for your thorough reply, incredibly helpful. Exactly the help of hoped for.