Forums Latest Members

Can Anyone Identify the Reference of this Blue Dialed Seiko for me?

1. McKinley Nov 26, 2019

Hey, guys! For the last 10 days or so, I have been thinking I need (yeah, we all NEED another watch, right?) a blue dialed, SS, weekend watch. Right now, that Blue dial Rolex Air King 5500, The Tudor Oyster Prince, or maybe Omega Seamaster are out of my reach, but I was thinking for relatively small money I could scratch the itch with this Seiko, but from the seller's pics, I can not make out the reference numbers beyond the 6119 in his auction heading. Can any of the Seiko experts here help me out and maybe give me an idea on value? Thanks in advance for all your help.

McK

P. S. Is it 6119-8410???

s-l500.jpg

Edited Nov 26, 2019
  2. Duracuir1 Never Used A Kodak Nov 26, 2019

Hi. Looks like a fairly standard Seiko 5 that you can buy new today for under $200. Good quality. Check out my 7005-8052. It’s from the early 70s and my Jeweller had it in a box of unclaimed watches that they had for 40 years. I made him a few watch straps and he gave it to me - after servicing it! Blue dial is a good choice! A35330A7-B2B9-42DA-A260-663CF9BCFA29.jpeg

omegasaso12, tritto and McKinley like this.
  3. McKinley Nov 26, 2019

Thank you for your response. They still make this or a similar reference?

McK

Duracuir1 likes this.
  4. Duracuir1 Never Used A Kodak Nov 26, 2019

Not like mine, but you can likely find one on line and service it for peanuts. Good luck and do show when you find one!

5. McKinley Nov 26, 2019

Sorry, actually I meant the 6119-8410. That is the one that caught my eye and reminds me the most of a vintage Air King. I made the seller an offer, but he refused. Guess he is sticking to his ask price of $132 including the shipping. The hunt continues and we all know, that is sometimes the most fun.

McK

Duracuir1 likes this.
  6. janice&fred Dec 7, 2019

oh man I wish I read this thread before we moved back to Connecticut from Cebu city. we would have brought you guys a box full of these blue dialed seikos as vintage "5"'s are a dime a dozen in the local watch shops. I mean like under $10 each running and original! it's the vintage divers that are bringing good money in the Philippines and pretty much everyone is ignoring anything else Seiko-wise.

7. TDBK Dec 7, 2019

I tried to identify it with the Seiko 5 Finder; I couldn't find an exact match but if I relaxed from the 6119 movement, there are many similar examples: here's the list.

The SNK793 is a close match, it's available retail in the US for $80 now.

[​IMG]

McKinley likes this.
  8. McKinley Dec 7, 2019

Thank you guys, @janice&fred and @TDBK , for your responses. My hunt continues. I like the SNKL07, there is one on Ebay, but the seller is looking for $180, when including the shipping. Knowing these were under $60 at Jomashop and Amazon not long ago.....I am just too cheap to jump at that too....even with the leather NATO strap. And I am a bit reluctant to go new. Each time I do, it just doesn't feel right, I am a vintage guy. I appreciate everyone's ideas and efforts to identify the watch in my original post though. I do think it is a 6119-8410.....if anyone wants to get rid of one PM me.

McK

9. janice&fred Dec 7, 2019

hey McK did you try to do a search on ebay for Philippine watch sellers? although some of them may deal in rough stuff Seiko-wise you will also find a few with good feedback to contact. like I said these "5"s are a dime a dozen there so watching the Philippine ebay sellers will turn up some 6119 and other model blue dialed jobbies on the cheap.

McKinley likes this.