Calibre of my dad’s omega geneve

You miss quite a few more parts here..... unless they fell out and you saved them.

Can you please explain more in details? Not quite get it.

The new one you have looks correct to me (I’m not a watchmaker). I’ve never seen a stem like your existing on a 565

The new one you have looks correct to me (I’m not a watchmaker). I’ve never seen a stem like your existing on a 565

Oh, really? But the watchmaker said the new one was not able to fit into the case, as you can see the stem is thicker than the broken one. I'm still waiting for the watchmaker to dissemble the movement and taking the remaining part of the broken stem out and see.

Maybe the tube was replaced along with the stem?

Im unsure why you’re sourcing parts for this. If it’s with a watchmaker, they can source basic movement parts as required.

Like was mentioned before, let the watchmaker source the parts!!! If he orders the wrong one, it's on him, not you. There's rust on the stem, you had water intrusion at some point, there may be other problems with the movement. Bite the bullet and have it serviced properly and enjoy the heirloom.

Thank you for your advice. Certainly I will have a watchmaker to deal with the replacement, however, need to get the correct stem first.

I think there is a fundamental misunderstanding here, you should not be attempting to buy parts. A watchmaker will normally source and install replacement parts, especially something as basic as a stem for a common movement. Nobody would expect someone who is completely inexperienced to provide parts to repair a watch.

Maybe the tube was replaced along with the stem?

Im unsure why you’re sourcing parts for this. If it’s with a watchmaker, they can source basic movement parts as required.

unfortunately, that watchmaker doesn't have any parts with this watch on hand

Just take the watch to a real watchmaker.

Just take the watch to a real watchmaker.
+ 1 (obviously)

If you already have a good repairer, that’s fine but, if not, let us know where you’re located and someone will know a reliable (and not overly expensive) repairer

Omega repair centre in Hong Kong guesstimated it would cost several hundred pounds to oil and repair the watch. Any reliable watch repairer can fix it with reasonable cost instead? Much appreciated in advance!

Any reliable watch repairer can fix it with reasonable cost instead?
Obviously not the one you are using. Why does he need to use parts he stocks? Incapable of ordering? Can’t order because he doesn’t have an Omega account? Get your watch back and go elsewhere.

Obviously not the one you are using. Why does he need to use parts he stocks? Incapable of ordering? Can’t order because he doesn’t have an Omega account? Get your watch back and go elsewhere.

Not sure, perhaps their craftsmanship and parts. Will bring it back. Any reliable watch repairer in UK can help? Cheers

In the UK is use, Mitka, WatchGuy, AJHSL, Swiss Time Services, Simon Freese.
For a Geneve like yours I’d go with one of the first 3.

Then you should not be using him.

In the UK is use, Mitka, WatchGuy, AJHSL, Swiss Time Services, Simon Freese.
For a Geneve like yours I’d go with one of the first 3.

Thank you so much David for the info. Sent an enquiry to them, hopefully, will get positive feedback and quote. Cheers. ^ ^