Forums Latest Members
  1. wilderbeast Apr 7, 2020

Thanks for the nice comments! I’m very pleased with the watch and bought it refurbished (or rather my wife did, as an anniversary present). The dial had been refurbished and retouched and the case had been polished, courtesy of Swisstec. The original hands were on the watch and they looked a little out of place and, when they got stuck early into owning the watch, Swisstec replaced them and gave me the old ones back, which I’ve kept. The hands are modern replacements, and they have a little lume on them - I have wondered, given that the second hand is too big for the watch, whether they are in fact the hands from a 1948 reissue Seamaster.

The watch runs really well, has a good reserve and keeps excellent time, so I’m very pleased to have a mid-50s watch running so well as a presentable smart daily wearer. I’ve also had lots of nice comments on it. However, I’m also aware that it is not in original condition and of very little value to a collector. And that suits me fine - I’ve learned a lot since acquiring it, and I intend to carry on wearing it!

2. 13tony_boy May 3, 2021

3. 13tony_boy May 3, 2021

Hi, I'm new to the vintage omega realm as well. It seems you have a better understanding regarding this area than me. I'm planning to buy a vintage seamaster 1958 calibre 420 but I'm not sure regarding the dial if it's original. Let me show you some pictures.

Screenshot_20210503-083247_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20210503-083259_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20210503-084244_Chrome.jpg
    Spruce likes this.
  4. 13tony_boy May 3, 2021