Cal 355 in rough shape or does it look ok?

I have two dream vintage Omegas (well, three if you count a pre moon Speedmaster): a stainless steel pie pan constellation, and a Seamaster Calendar(ref 2757) with the white honeycomb dial and stainless steel case.

I recently found a version of the latter on Chrono24. I feel that it’s a little too cheap but then I look at the condition and think that’s why it’s cheap.

I know the sellers pictures aren’t great, but does the picture of the movement make the movement looks like it’s in as bad of shape as I think it’s in?

Sorry for the thread spam tonight… I haven’t been able to get online the past couple of days!

https://www.chrono24.com/omega/seamaster-calendar-2757-honeycomb-dial--id27752082.htm
Edited:

I think you did not received some opinions because you did not upload the pictures here on the forum. Regards.

Not sure what happenes with the screenshot, but the pics provided by the seller are actually pretty good - the one you posted isn't. Anyway, I'd stay away from it. There are a few "smaller" issues: Hands have no lume, there's spots and discoloration on the dial here and there, case has seen quite some polishing...

And yes, as you say, the movement looks sad. The color difference between the parts wouldn't necessarily bother me too much, if the price is right. I have a cal. 354 bumper in a Connie of mine that looks much worse in terms of loss of rose-gold plating of the movement parts, but it's been serviced and now runs strongly with a high amplitude. This one, however, doesnt appear to me to have received a proper service. Gasket doesnt look fresh, the screw heads and marks all over the movement appear like someone treated it unprofessionally. I doubt the seller can produce a service bill by a reknowned watchmaker for it.

The description also gives me goosebumps, but not in a good way.

"This stunning watch features the iconic Omega caliber 2757 bumper movement, which provides unparalleled precision and reliability."

"Comes with the original high end leather strap from yellow cada."
Well, good to know it's an original yellow cada strap, not one of those fake ones. :D

And what's that with the crack in the case back that allegedly doesn't make a difference?

I don't know. There are so many little things I don't like, it just gives me a bad vibe.

Not sure what happenes with the screenshot, but the pics provided by the seller are actually pretty good - the one you posted isn't. Anyway, I'd stay away from it. There are a few "smaller" issues: Hands have no lume, there's spots and discoloration on the dial here and there, case has seen quite some polishing...

And yes, as you say, the movement looks sad. The color difference between the parts wouldn't necessarily bother me too much, if the price is right. I have a cal. 354 bumper in a Connie of mine that looks much worse in terms of loss of rose-gold plating of the movement parts, but it's been serviced and now runs strongly with a high amplitude. This one, however, doesnt appear to me to have received a proper service. Gasket doesnt look fresh, the screw heads and marks all over the movement appear like someone treated it unprofessionally. I doubt the seller can produce a service bill by a reknowned watchmaker for it.

The description also gives me goosebumps, but not in a good way.

"This stunning watch features the iconic Omega caliber 2757 bumper movement, which provides unparalleled precision and reliability."

"Comes with the original high end leather strap from yellow cada."
Well, good to know it's an original yellow cada strap, not one of those fake ones. :D

And what's that with the crack in the case back that allegedly doesn't make a difference?

I don't know. There are so many little things I don't like, it just gives me a bad vibe.
Yeah the screenshot is bad but my phone wouldn’t let me save the actual photo.

Thanks for confirming what I already expected… I was more concerned about the marks all over the movement. Just looked best up unnecessarily.

One to stay away from but I just wanted to make sure

I don't see any case clamps either.

The bumper movements only have one, and it's there - at ~6:30.

The crack in the case back is most disconcerting as any moisture and dust can now enter without barrier. Even if it is vintage there is at least some protection from it, if it is intact and serviced.

There will come a better example. Have patience!