Forums Latest Members
  1. Lacazema Mar 13, 2020

Hello all,

I've the opportunity to purchase a Geneve cal 1030 that winds but stops for around 150€. I'd like to know how much more or less I should expect to repair the watch ?

I've no idea of pricing to repair a broken vintage watch. I see there are quite a lot of spare parts on Ebay which would lead me to believe that sourcing parts wouldn't be that difficult/expensive ?

I live in a big french city where I've read there are good quality watchmakers and one that in perticular works on Omega watches.

Thank you for your help.

2. Canuck Mar 13, 2020

You will find it difficult to obtain a meaningful estimate from anyone here, on the repair of this Omega. Sort of like hoping for an answer to the question of “how high is up”! Find out if there is a return privilege on the watch. If there is, buy it, and have someone check it out. Return it if you don’t like the quote. Prices will vary widely, depending on the local market, and how extensive a repair the watch will require. No return privilege? How comfortable are you in taking risks? This particular model of Omega is not highly sought after, in the antique and vintage watch market. So if you are thinking to fix it and flip it, I wouldn’t bother if I were you.