Buying Omega pushers from e-bay

I am bringing a Speedmaster 105.003 to being correct and needed better pushers. I placed an order with a dealer on e-bay to buy.

Paid GBP195 and delivery arrived today. One pusher in packet. There were two photos on the website:

The first photo showed close up of pusher.
Second photo shows pair of pushers.

I expected a pair.

Am I wrong?

20240904_140451.jpg

What did the description say?

I can find what seem to be the same photos on eBay and the description clearly states the price is for one pusher only.

Greedy sellers often only sell a single part or piece. Breaking sealed packages to do so. Seems to be normal practice. One seller blocked me for complaining. Their loss, I probably would have spent hundreds with them, had they not been so rude.

Greedy sellers often only sell a single part or piece. Breaking sealed packages to do so. Seems to be normal practice. One seller blocked me for complaining. Their loss, I probably would have spent hundreds with them, had they not been so rude.
I wouldn't call all of them greedy for that reason. Some parts like stems or jewels come in sets of 3 or 5 in the manufacturer's packaging and most people only need one. Sellers provide the photo of the original item to show that it's genuine. This doesn't apply in this case, but it's always good to check the description.

Yeah, I do have a lot of stems, but they come in use from time to time.

The argument was over incabloc springs, which can easily get lost/broken. The manufactures knew this which is probably why they put multiple parts in a package.

I may be in the minority here, but to open a NOS package is to devalue it. As I said, this now seems to be common accepted practice. Always check the fine print of the listing.

Sometimes it goes the other way. I saw a listing for some quickset date parts. The photo showed them still on the plate with a balance complete. No where in the listing was the balance (sans jewels) listed, or even the plate. So I was a bit pleased and surprised when everything in the photograph came.

I just happened to have extra jewels on hand.

In posting this, I just wanted to highlight my experience (or should I say inexperience!).
The next time I go to buy a pair of shoes, I'll make sure I'm not paying for them one at a time.

The website said one left. The seller now has another three. The seal on the NOS package was broken. Why show a pair in the second photo?

Having said that, I fully accept that the text says 1 pusher. As advised, I need to pay more attention to the small print. I can assure you that mistake will not happen again.

In posting this, I just wanted to highlight my experience (or should I say inexperience!).
The next time I go to buy a pair of shoes, I'll make sure I'm not paying for them one at a time.

The website said one left. The seller now has another three. The seal on the NOS package was broken. Why show a pair in the second photo?

Having said that, I fully accept that the text says 1 pusher. As advised, I need to pay more attention to the small print. I can assure you that mistake will not happen again.
Return it:
  • New: The item is brand new, unused, unopened, and undamaged (including handmade items). See the seller's listing for full details