Forums Latest Members
  1. Cooko14 Jan 20, 2015

Hi,

This is my first post on this forum and I wanted to give an overview of my experience buying an Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver with Watchfinder. Please note this was not a bad experience but I just want to highlight things to consider when buying from them.

A bit of background first. I purchased an Omega Seamaster 300m Quartz with Black Bezel about a year and a half ago of a work colleague. However, I always had my my eyes on the chrono diver version of the watch as I had another colleague who had this watch and couldnt get it out of my head. I did not have enough cash to buy a the chrono diver (CD) and did not want to use finance etc watch so I "settled" for the 300m Quartz. Please note I loved this watch and would highly recommend it.

In the latter part of last year I decided i wanted to get the CD. My plan was to Part ex my Quartz and pay the balance (a plan i agreed with my boss/wife) for the CD. Recognising that it has been discontinued and only a couple of places were still selling this model, i looked at Watchfinder. They were running a "bid on any watch" offer as well part ex. I asked them for a quote on the quartz ...which was £150 more than I paid. I then put in a cheeky bid on a chrono diver which was 5 yrs old with, what i though was full paper etc.

I rang Watchfinder to discuss the condition of the CD(no mention of no papers). The watch had been given a new bezel and had been polished. I decided to pull the trigger and go through with the purchase To go through with the deal I had to send my watch via special Delivery (£15) . Once they had inspected it then they would update my order (via their website which was very user friendly and they email you so you know when its updated) to reflect the balance to pay.

They received my watch the next day and said it would be 48 hrs before they would get back to me. However within 24 hrs they updated my status and I paid the balance of £600 and they immediately dispatced the watch which I received the next day.

When I opened the package I had a warranty card from Watchfinder (12 months) and the watch was is in a rather battered outer box (the white one). I opened the red box out (in good nick), to reveal the watch but no cards (or card holder). I was sure that the watch i had viewed online came with full papers but when I rang (very call centre type call) they assured me the watch did not have papers. The frustrating thing is I could not check the full order to verify this (the online order just has 1 pic of the watch) so not sure if it was my error or theres . Anyway I was really pleased with the watch (see pics) . There was a slight ding on the side of the watch which didnt really bother me but the strap and face looked flawless. It did niggle me about the papers but I am now a bit more relaxed about it (i can get replacement cards for £125 so may do this in the future). Anyway.... after all that, heres my general observation/considerations/

- The service - very calls centre/ sales orientated... certainly not what you would get at an AD. However they were efficient and there was no delays. The "make an offer" option was definietly a bonus and they got back to me via phone and email to accept the offer.

- Check and double check what you are buying i.e what does it come with. Usually shows a pic of everything you will get so make sure you screen shot the watch you are considering

- Ask for a review of the watch condition... they fill in a report after the watch has been inspected which details work done to the watch

My watch was not given a service. When I asked about what checks they had done they told me the following:

"We have completed a service check of the watch, which is a detailed assessment of the movement using timing machines, this covers the health of the movement. From this we determine the condition of the watch as to whether it needs to be serviced. We follow the same guidelines as the manufactures to determine this.
    We diagnosed that the watch did not require a full service and was full refubished with a new bezel added. The watch has then been supplied to you with a 12 month Watchfinder warranty."

So again my advice would be to fully check the condition before you buy and what level of service has been undertaken

- Watch - With a new bezel and polished strap it looked near mint except for a slight dink on the side. The chronometer runs on time (sometime a fews seconds ahead / behind)

- Part Ex - Could not believe what they offered me. My watch was a 2009 300m Quartz full size. It was in good nick with usual minor dinks and full papers. They offered me £150 more than what I paid and £100 more than the RRP.

In summary I would recommend using Watchfinder but just be aware of the above before going through with a purchase. I am really happy that I purchased the Omega CD. Its a great watch and even better "in the flesh". So for I am now content... for the time being

Any questions comments regarding this would be gratefully received

Cheers

Pete
    photo 2.JPG photo 1.JPG photo 4.JPG photo 2.JPG

ELV web and oddboy like this.
  2. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Jan 20, 2015

Nice 1st post! You've picked a winner there, love those wave dials.

Welcome and wear it in good health!

3. yinzerniner Jan 20, 2015

Nice pickup. I actually prefer the "Bond" bracelet with the chrono SMPs, so the combination is quite fetching. Wear it well

4. ctpete Jan 22, 2015

Gotta love that wavy face!

5. Buckeyes#1 Things come with instructions? Jan 23, 2015

Very nice watch!
    Welcome to the forum.

6. Cooko14 Jan 23, 2015

Thanks. I've been after this one for a while. I think I'm addicted now tho

7. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Jan 23, 2015

Nice. I bought a Zenith from them a few years ago and I would say that their customer service is first rate. I've never been to their main branch in Maidstone but their boutique in the Royal Exchange is heaven.

8. TheCaptainOfTech Jan 23, 2015

Welcome to the forum!

9. Cooko14 Jan 24, 2015

Thanks guys. I would definitely use them again.