Forums Latest Members
  1. Thanman85 Mar 1, 2017

I'm in Italy for a honeymoon and wondering where is a good place to buy a BNIB Speedmaster with discount and VAT back? (I'm from Australia). Happy with grey stock if it will be cheaper.

I will be visiting Milan, Florence and Rome. Currently in Venice and its beautiful here.

2. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices Mar 1, 2017

Try this spot while you're in Rome :)
    [​IMG]

Rodmar likes this.
  3. kov Trüffelschwein. Mar 1, 2017

There are so many vintage treasures in that country but buying from Italy when you live abroad is sometimes a minefield... ::facepalm2::

Now if you're after a BNIB Speedmaster, I wouldn't be much worried as long as you buy from a known shop. My remark above applies to the preowned and vintage markets. ;)

x3no and MikiJ like this.
  4. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices Mar 1, 2017

I was told by a very knowledgeable member that the Italian Post Office is not to be trusted :(

5. Thanman85 Mar 1, 2017

Thanks for the responses guys, would it be possible to negotiate 10-15% off RRP at the Omega AD? Can they give me VAT back there? Or do I have to get it back at airport? How much % is VAT?

6. Rodmar Mar 1, 2017

I wish I was into the idea of buying Omegas when I was in Rome last summer. I'll have to go back just for this! What a cool pic

MikiJ likes this.