Forums Latest Members
  1. Hnansen Dec 10, 2015

Hello!

I am new to this forum, as i am about to buy my first vintage Omega watch.
    I have found a watch i really like and absolute everything seems to be in order.

But, i would of course like to be sure that the watch is genuine. The sellers seems really legit though, and we have even met up at the shop wear he frequently visits and gets his watch serviced.

He says that the watch is from 1956, but the only things that worry me, is that there is no "Seamaster" reading on the dial as well as no seahorse on the back.
    Is this normal? He says that Omega made seamaster both with and without the reading on seahorse on the casing, and i am very inclined to believe him, as he seems very nice and legit, but i would like, if you could confirm that fact?

The case number is 2892-2, the cal. nr. 284 and the first four digits of the serial number is 1519.
    I have added some photos as well.

Thanks so much in advance for your help!

2. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Dec 10, 2015

Hello and welcome!
    Almost anything is possible with the Omega factory, we need the pictures to give any advice and, unfortunately, I'm not seeing them.

3. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Dec 10, 2015

Aha! The old double post trick, making us old farts look like.....aaaaah...old farts!

STANDY likes this.
  4. Togri v. 2.0 Wow! Custom title... cool Dec 11, 2015

Remember that an old fart can smell just as bad as a new fart! Age doesn't matter :thumbsup: