Forums Latest Members
  1. Andy Feb 20, 2013

Does anybody know what duty fee or custom fee's would be from Japan to the USA?
    Thanks

2. nsmike Feb 20, 2013

Usually if mailed to a private address there will be no fee. Don't use FedEx or any other service except mail or EMS (Expedited Mail Service), the personal exemption only applies to mail, and the Customs Brokerage Charges from those services are excessive. If they do charge Customs Duty I don't think its excessive. I'm sure someone else can give you a more exact answer for higher dollar items.

3. Andy Feb 20, 2013

Okay, Thanks

4. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Feb 20, 2013

I use FedEx regularly for watches shipped to me and on average the duty is about 4% of the declared watch price. I have a brokerage account set up with FedEx and fill out and fax a 1 page watch work sheet to them while the watch is in transit so upon arrival it clears customs instantly. I then get a bill from FedEx in a week or so and I mail them a check. I like FedEx because it gets to me quickly (usually 2-3 days from almost anywhere in the world) and I can track the package at every stop. Downside of course is that shipping cost is more than twice USPS EMS.

Andy likes this.