Forums Latest Members
  1. Ericim0828 Jun 14, 2017

hello guys
    I am new to the site and have a few questions regarding where to buy my watch.

I have decided on the speed master professional and would like to buy new. I have seen it advertised on Joan shop for 3300 but the omega boutique in Houston has it for 5100. Do dealers tend to negotiate? Is grey market a better buy for the money?

Appreciate all help thanks

2. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Jun 14, 2017

Welcome.

I suggest you do a search here for "grey market". In general, OBs do not discount much, if at all. ADs usually offer better discounts,but still tend to stay close to MSRP unless one does a bit of regular business with them. A beter bet are some of the 'resellers', including a few that advertise here in Watches for Sale (the 'pro' sellers). They can usually get any of the new non-LE watches with a real/ valid Omega warranty, and offer them at prices not much higher then Jomashop and other true grey market vendors.

3. w.finkenstaedt Jun 15, 2017

Yeah, you're gonna want to avoid Jomashop. I've seen some pretty bad condition watches come from them (AR coating already worn, shaved serial numbers, worn/sized bracelets, etc).

Riviera Paradise likes this.
  4. ac921ol Jun 15, 2017

Call Jim at continental jewelers, he will be able to help you source one. His number is online

5. Samiam5432 Sep 2, 2017

What is this and is it the real deal? What's it worth? Uncle left it to me.

IMG_0289.JPG IMG_0290.JPG IMG_0291.JPG IMG_0292.JPG
  6. any4xx Sep 4, 2017

To the OP:

I'm also fairly new to this game. I bought my Speedmaster Pro through a reseller here. Maybe a few more $ than Joma, but no drama and no worries about getting everything that comes with the watch if you bought it from an AD. INCLUDING the warranty cards, which you will NOT receive if you buy from Joma. Search here for another posting wherein Joma sold one and didn't even include the proper presentation case or accessories.

7. karalhoin Sep 4, 2017

Don't go with
    Don't go with Joma for watches that have 4 or 5 year warranty. You'll want the full international warranty and not the Jomashop warranty (which definitely won't be as reliable as it depends on their willingless to repair/pay for repair).
    Some grey sellers can source watches from ADs and sell almost at Jomashop prices. In many cases it is worth it.

I wouldn't use Joma unless it's a tremendously huge discount, and even then, wouldn't pick it for any watch with a long original warranty (e.g. Rolex/5 years).

8. Shailor Sep 4, 2017

9. any4xx Sep 4, 2017