Forums Latest Members
  1. sjamesm91 Jul 31, 2015

Hello everyone,
    I am new to the vintage watch community and was looking to purchase a watch. I found a 1968 Omega Seamaster Cosmic watch ref 135.017. I am very green when it comes to knowing what I am looking at so I have attached some pictures and hopefully you guys can tell me what I am looking at, and if it would be a good first step into the vintage watch community. upload_2015-7-31_15-55-3.png
    upload_2015-7-31_15-55-41.png
    upload_2015-7-31_15-57-57.png

2. Mothra Jul 31, 2015

sorry my friend but this is probably a terrible start to a watch collecting career.... The dial has been repainted (there are all sorts of indicators that this is the case) and has a certain look to it that says its either for sale from India now or has been in the past (these are known as Mumbai specials) and its probably an unholy collection of parts poorly maintained. Being a front loading cosmic it probably has been neglected and you won't know any better until you get it to a watchmaker. Spend a little more time on this site before taking the plunge- it'll save you a fortune....

3. Skv Jul 31, 2015

Looks far from original. My suggestion is that you learn and read and learn and read before purchasing your first vintage omega. Or buy one from a reputable seller on these forums. Vintage watches, and especially vintage omegas, are a minefield. There is too much money to be made from forging or putting together these watches from parts. Not easy finding a nice original vintage one. ;) Good luck!

4. speedbird Aug 1, 2015

yeah, sadly a repainted dial