Forums Latest Members
  1. ClevelandOhioUSA Mar 8, 2013

I would like to buy a nice antique Omega online, but don't know who I can trust.
    I don't want to spend a lot of time bidding & competing and maybe not getting
    what I want, I know most likely everywhere online might be a risk, but is there
    a place online you would feel reasonably safe, is there a place who you feel has
    enough; or is known for their integrity where you feel 'safe' to buy from.
    Who or where would you 'not buy from? It seems "Buyer Beware" when purchasing
    a secondhand watch online is a risky business, where would you go, where would
    you feel reasonably safe? - Is there a Website{s}.
    I have been 'burnt' more then once, I have found much fraud and deceit,
    and don't know who to trust, how do I go about buying a nice antique Omega online -
    thanks 4 your help - John ...

2. ulackfocus Mar 8, 2013

There's a sales forum right here. Members are selling watches they've grown tired of so nearly all are going to be authentic and correct.

3. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Mar 8, 2013

I agree, the sales forum here is blossomed nicely in the past few months and is a good place to get a nice, honest vintage omega.

4. ClevelandOhioUSA Mar 8, 2013

Thank U ulackfocus & MSNWatch 4 your reply - I might buy sell or trade some of my watches on this forum {as you both suggest}, - this is one of them I have just received, > http://clevelandohiousa.tripod.com/justboughtanomegawatch/ - I just have found out on this forum that it might not be what it seems, but it is still a 'beauty 2 me - I am now having it fully serviced, -
    Thank You again - John ...

5. ClevelandOhioUSA Mar 8, 2013

Giggle 'Time'

Where’s My Omega
    +
    A lawyer opened the door of his BMW, when suddenly a car came along and hit the door, ripping it off completely. When the police arrived at the scene, the lawyer was complaining bitterly about the damage to his precious BMW. “Officer, look what they’ve done to my Beeeemer!!!”, he whined.
    +
    “You lawyers are so materialistic, you make me sick!!!” retorted the officer, “You’re so worried about your stupid BMW, that you didn’t even notice that your left arm was ripped off!!!”
    +
    “Oh my gaaad….”, replied the lawyer, finally noticing the bloody left shoulder where his arm once was, “Where’s my Omega???!!!”

+++

Don’s Wisdom
    +
    An old Italian Mafia Don is dying and he called his grandson to his bed Grandson I wanta you to listen to me. I wanta you to take mya 45 automatic pistol, so you will always remember me. But grandpa I really don’t like guns, how about you leaving me your Omega watch instead.
    +
    You lisina to me, some day you goin a be runna da bussiness, you goina have a beautiful wife, lotsa money, a biga home and maybe a couple od bambino, some day you goina come hom and maybe finda you wife in be with another man. Whata you gonna do then? Pointa to you watch and say, “TIMES UP”?

Mothra likes this.
  6. ClevelandOhioUSA Mar 8, 2013

I just received an Email about this website > http://darlor-watch.com/ - where I might find antique watches - are you familiar
    with Darlor-Watch? Does anyone have any info --- Thank You Again 4 all your time - John

7. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Mar 8, 2013

Lots of so-so watches and IMO more interesting stuff in FS section in this forum.

Dablitzer likes this.
  8. ClevelandOhioUSA Mar 8, 2013

Thank You MSNWatch - Thank you very much for your reply - John

9. OJsakila Mar 8, 2013

I have to support these forums as well. It took me screwing up on eBay before I came here and made a purchase from someone on these forums. Watch was also critiqued to a maximum since it was on this site. I got exactly what I wanted. (Thanks again everybody)

10. ClevelandOhioUSA Mar 8, 2013

Thank you! OJsakila, that was Very helpful ... - John

11. pknopp Mar 8, 2013

I was in the same situation as you (BTW, I was born on the shores of Lake Erie in Cleveland myself). I asked here about quite a few watches on eBay. I also considered Darlor but for various reasons decided buying there wasn't for me.

There was nothing being listed here I was interested in and I looked some more. I'm not sure how many watches I had Dennis (Ulackfocus) look at for me. I saw a great watch. He saw all the problems. LOL

I ended up buying one listed here from MSNWatch. I knew that perhaps I could have bought the same watch on eBay for maybe a little less (though the watch I bought doesn't come up all that often) but I knew this watch would be right. It is. Find what you want. Post in the wanted section. Buy from a respected member. You will never regret it.

12. ClevelandOhioUSA Mar 8, 2013

Sorry 2 trouble you one more time, someone just put this watch site in my Email > http://www.clockmaker.com.au/ -
    do you know of it? - What do you think? - Thank U much again - John - {I hope I am not being a pest}. I am still going
    to buy sell or trade from this forum first, but still be open to others if I cannot find everything I am looking for ...

13. ClevelandOhioUSA Mar 8, 2013

Thanks! pknopp - that is just what I am looking for, I did not know ulackfocus would provide that service, and I did not know
    MSNWatch had a website - MSNWatch had already identified my antique Omega to be something other then what I thought it
    to be - I'll bet your from Toledo - John

14. ClevelandOhioUSA Mar 8, 2013

P.S.: pknopp, do u have the website 4 MSNWatch - Thanks - John

15. Gavin It's the quiet ones you have to 'watch' out for. Mar 9, 2013

Definitely have a look at the sales forum here. I bought more than a few from the mods and members here and I dare say I can buy with confidence here. And Ulackfocus/Dennis and the rest of the guys here have helped me on more occasions than I can count which I am very appreciative of. I am sure you can also benefit from the knowledgeable mods and members here.
    Btw, if Mike has a website, I am missing out big time.

16. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Mar 9, 2013

No website. The vintage omegas that I have for sale are listed in the sales forum here.

17. pknopp Mar 9, 2013

Right, I bought a watch listed here. The listings have really picked up since I bought mine. I've watched quite a few people list their new purchases here only to find out they didn't get what they were expecting.

That isn't to say that you can't find a great watch elsewhere as obviously many here have bought watches from many sources.

Still being a complete novice, I would still run any purchase by here before spending the money. If you provide enough information for those who do know their watches to make an educated assessment you will find many willing to help you out.

18. ulackfocus Mar 9, 2013

John, you can post a link to an eBay listing or pictures of a watch and we'll check it out for you.

19. ClevelandOhioUSA Mar 9, 2013

Thank You All for all of your great help - Thank You! - I'll be looking at all of your watches
    on your sales forum {I did not know you had one} - John