Forums Latest Members

Buy from an authorised retailer, but DON'T pay retail!

1. Mattrix Feb 25, 2012

Hi all. I'm new to premium watches, having just ordered my first, an Omega Seamaster Chronometer 300M. I did a stack of research before handing over my money and set out to get a small discount from an authorised retailer if I could. The London Omega boutique wouldn't budge a penny, but I got a couple of Jewellers to offer discounts, and quite accidentally without any real effort managed to get £450 off the £2700 watch. So whatever you do - don't pay the asking price!

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 25, 2012

Which one did you end up with, is it the new ceramic version?

3. loyal blue Feb 25, 2012

I saved £300 when I bought my PO
    If you don't ask , you don't get

4. Mattrix Feb 25, 2012

Yeah, it's the new ceramic.

Trev likes this.
  5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 25, 2012

Nice mate, you got some pics for us?

6. Mattrix Feb 26, 2012

I will have but not yet, the watch they had in the store had a slightly misaligned bezel so they're ordering in a new one. Officially the watch is meant to be my birthday present from the Mrs, so you may have to wait until after the big day for photos - sorry!

7. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 26, 2012

Nicely done, definitely keep her!

Is this your first really good watch or do you have some others?

8. Mattrix Feb 26, 2012

No it's the first 'proper' watch. I've owned a few nice Seikos and Citizens over the years, but nothing worth more than a few hundred.

9. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 26, 2012

You'll really notice the difference in finishing and feel, the new ceramics even better put together than the previous versions.

10. bio Feb 27, 2012

Congratulation on your new watch. The new PO is absolutely gorgeous and I hope I can get one someday too. You have a wonderful wife:)
    I often do my research and know what the ballpark is for the model I'm interested in. Unless I'm wrong, I believe in the Omega boutiques will discourage discounts as they're trying to push up prices of the newer models. But hey, it never hurts to ask;)

11. AndrewNed Mar 6, 2012

I have just bought the same watch Omega Seamaster 300 with black dial and bezel, been looking for years and finally decided to take the plunge and get one . I originally was after the PO with Liquid metal and ceramic bezel, but coudl get hold of one .
    When I saw the new SM 300 it looked just as good if not better. Does anyone know if the bezel on the new SM 300 is ceramic ?

12. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 6, 2012

The latest model Seamaster Professional 300M is definitely ceramic, also houses the latest Cal 2500D varient of the Cal 2500 movement.

13. AndrewNed Mar 9, 2012

Thanks. Do you know if it is liquid metal or that just the PO ?
    Also I noticed that the hour and minutes do not retain the luminousity in the dark , is this a normal problem or should i take it back ?
    Here is a piccy of it........... photo.JPG photo.JPG

14. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 9, 2012

I don't believe its liquid metal. Luminova doesn't glow all night in general it fades out slowly, the blue lume Omega use now seems to fade faster.

15. Mattrix Mar 12, 2012

No it isn't liquid metal, but it is ceramic. The liquid metal is only currently available on one watch, tho it will be on more in the future.