Forums Latest Members
  1. Jon_Dong Dec 9, 2016

Hi guys,

Unfortunately, my speedmaster took a drop going through airport security and its broken.

The mechanism is still working with the seconds, minutes and hours working fine and the stop watch. However, when I went to manually wind it, the crown was no longer attached, the day and date span without me pulling the crown out and when I did pull it out, the whole thing came out.

Any thoughts on what is wrong with it? Someone suggested a mainspring and it shouldn't be too expensive.

I'm sending it to the watch doctor as they sorted a few of my TAGs out a while ago.

2. omegasaso12 Dec 9, 2016

Hy,
    You (your watchmaker) need to readjust lever that holds stem (I think its called that in english).

Maybe its broken and will need replacement, but I think it just need readjustment. Seen that problem several times.

With "crown no longer attached" you probably mean crown and stem, not only crown, right?

3. ScubaPro Actually dives with dive watches!!! Dec 9, 2016

I'd take it to somebody who at least has an Omega parts account and tons of experience with Speedmasters. If the watch is important to you, that is. It might well be time for a proper service as well.