Forums Latest Members
  1. maxbelg Jun 3, 2018

I bought this bracelet in great condition and only wore it a few times. Recently I was going to sell it and noticed it was defective in that a few of the small little clips on the side of the bracelet are missing. Maybe they were missing when I bought it but I didn't notice it at the time. I've had a change of heart and am going to keep it regardless of whether it can be repaired or not, however I'm only going to wear it if it has been repaired.

Does anybody know who is able and willing to repair this bracelet? I've though of looking for a broken bracelet part to act as donor for a few clips. I'd appreciate any other suggestions. Thanks for the help!

IMG_7327.jpg
    IMG_7335.jpg
    IMG_7336.jpg
    IMG_7338.jpg
    IMG_7337.jpg
    IMG_7329.jpg

sdre likes this.
  2. watchknut New watch + Instagram + wife = dumbass Jun 3, 2018

I am sure a jeweler could come up with a solution. The challenge is that it wil most likely need to be laser welded.

As long as the repair is clean and holds, should be fine.

maxbelg and connieseamaster like this.
  3. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Jun 3, 2018

These old things can be very fragile, I have a few steel mesh JB Champion bracelets, which got slightly damaged, on vintage watches, but wouldn't dare to wear those as a daily wearer... so any repair should be well done!
    (e.g. a row could be taken out in order to reconnect full rows)

maxbelg likes this.
  4. Dan S Jun 3, 2018

Can you just remove a few rows? The full length is probably not needed.

maxbelg likes this.
  5. maxbelg Jun 3, 2018

Yes, I thought of this too. Is there a tutorial somewhere of how to do this? (I guess I should first search some more before asking this, sorry!)

6. maxbelg Jun 3, 2018

Good point. Maybe I shouldn't use it for regular wear even when repaired?

7. Dan S Jun 3, 2018

You should also look at how the bracelet connects to the clasp and end-links. Sometimes it is easier to shorten a bracelet from the end, and if you remove a couple of rows at an end, you can use the clips from those links. Should not be too hard if you just take a really good look at how the bracelet is assembled.

maxbelg likes this.
  8. maxbelg Jun 3, 2018

OK, I think I'll give this a try soon. Thanks for the suggestion.

EDIT:
    Good thing I didn't sell this bracelet, I thought it was missing some clips but it looks like these are actually ends which have been bent over and have broken off. Am I making myself clear? Anyway it's not something that I can repair myself, if it even can be repaired. I'll keep it as a nice reminder of the NASA Speedy connection but will wear another type of JB which I bought recently and is hopefully stronger.....

Edited Jun 6, 2018