Forums Latest Members
  1. M'Bob May 18, 2020

Sidney Fields, way under-rated comic performer.

2. Nobel Prize Spell Master! May 18, 2020

I Like that Jaguar quite a bit.

pongster likes this.
  3. High Hope May 23, 2020

Well, I'll be damned:
    [​IMG]

4. M'Bob May 23, 2020

Guy on the left looks a bit like Liam Neeson.

5. Martin_J_N May 23, 2020

A very 'British' brand and based not far from my home town so deserves some support. I love the design of the watches and will possibly get one at some point but not new, don't think that the retail price is a realistic one.

6. Poppydog Aug 29, 2020

I think the price issue is always a point of debate with any brand and often attracts attention to peripheral factors such as packaging / boxes, brand ambassadors and advertising etc, but it ultimately comes down to what something is worth to the individual. One might compare the S2000, for example, to Breitling's Avenger Seawolf: the latter costs less and has a deeper rating, but the Bremont has better shock and magnetic resistance as it's construction is the same as the MB. With it's machined and hardened steel case and shock-resistant construction, I'd say the production cost is higher for the Bremont. Each to his / her own, of course, but I don't see price for a Bremont as an issue any more that what it is for an Omega.

7. Dogmann Aug 29, 2020

Hi all,
    Despite the in house not in house debacle and the fact that personally I think they are very expensive for what they are whilst still saying they do build a quality watch. My biggest issue and annoyance with them is why do they have LONDON on their dials? They are based and have their workshop in Henley on Thames which is not nor ever will be considered to be London by any stretch of the imagination. They may as well put Geneva on the dial as after all it is a Swiss movement as it has as much value and authenticity as putting London. Its all marketing over substance with Bremont IMO and that may be their biggest issue and fault and one that causes them so much negativity around the brand. Oh and the fact that except for the ultra high end LTD editions they seem to plummet value on the 2nd hand market.

Marc

YY77 and sxl2004 like this.
  8. Poppydog Aug 29, 2020

Hmm, 20 miles outside the M25 and London on the dial doesn't bother me, since all brands rely heavily on marketing. The " . . . over substance" reference is subjective perception, and one may take the same view of Omega's Bond and Moon editions, but as I said, each to their own.

9. JG808 Aug 29, 2020

If you like the design and can get a good deal I say buy it. I used to work with a guy who loved Jaguars and owned the black Jaguar chronograph. I always thought it looked great.

10. Twocats Married... with children Aug 29, 2020

I own a Wright Flyer. I purchased the watch specifically for the piece of the Wright Flyer and have come to love the watch. I have spent 30 years in aviation and am a third generation aircraft mechanic who grew up surrounded by talk of aeroplanes. I no longer fix aircraft but I am still in the industry as a commercial aircraft trader and recycler.

Adding a piece of the first powered aircraft to my existing aviation memorabilia collection was a big moment for me especially as it was all validated by the Wright Foundation. I was in Dubai on holidays with the family and in the Dubai mall a Jewlers had it on display. At the dollar exchange rate back in 2016 the sticker price was $25,000.00. Business was great then (unlike now) but I was still struggling to accept spending that much money on myself until my wife persuaded me to buy it.

I sat down, tried it on and decided to go for it. Being a professional back street carpet trader I demanded a discount or no deal and to my surprise was refused. The nice chap explained to me that during the festival of Eid they had a very special offer called “50 Back”. Basically this meant for every dollar I spent they would give me $0.50c back to spend in their shop. My darling wife was only too delighted to hear this and immediately pointed to an Omega constellation she had been eyeing up. So we snagged the Omega and still had money to spend. We ended up getting her father an Omega De Ville with the remainder of the credit note.

So did I pay $25k for the Bremont and get two free Omega's or did I pay $12,5 for the Bremont and list for the Omega’s. The wife and I still laugh about it. How they make money with this 50 Back I don’t know, maybe its house cleaning where they off load old stock.

Finally, I am standing in the shop looking 9C7DB65D-5883-41E9-B158-386D61879B60.jpeg C2D27B84-2AD3-4B7E-99B4-FA225B27EFDC.jpeg at all my purchases and I go straight back into carpet trader mode, I asked the now delighted sales man if he could ship the boxes back to Europe for me as I didn’t want to carry them, he obliged. We wore the watches home and the chap in the boutique even sized my Rolex OP39 for my then 8 year old son to wear. My gut feeling was right as we were stopped at customs in Frankfurt, they went through our suitcases, found nothing and let us go. Chap in front of us in the line got Shafted for 20 cartons of Marlboro.

I have my eye on a Bremont Concord and Spruce Goose but until the aviation industry is on the up again they will remain on the wish list.

As I have repeated in other posts, my one true love is the Speedy, everything else is nice to have.

OmegaRody likes this.