#BreitlingSquad

I don't believe a "Breitling Owner's Thread" exists on OF so I thought I'd try to kick one off... 😀
Here's hoping there are other Breitling fans here on OF ::psy::

------------------------------------------

#806RE x #765AVI x #806TwinJet
#FliegerFriday x #PilotFriday x #Navifriday

52135451614_a14c34d1da_b.jpg
Edited:

Obsessed with a Navitimer for 4 years in college, gf got sick of my whining and put one on her credit card. I married that woman immediately.

The 806 reissued made it to my box after nearly 2 decades later.

Edited:

Amazing photos as usual Travelller (love your reviews on TRF too btw). I would like a Navitimer some day!

Second in the stack (see OP) ::psy::

50878122582_b6932a08b4_c.jpg

amazing reissue. please remind me of the issue with it that made me think I didn’t need it.

Please.

Only have one Breitling…and I dig it…and it was a gift from @Darlinboy . It’s an early 1950s U.S. issued navigation pocket watch…and it’s my only mil watch. File pics below…

Great thread!

My first love was (and is) Omega. A good second is vintage Breitling, by far the most interesting producer of chronographs in the 60s and into the 70s. After Kern took over, there has been some very interesting and nice re-editions, some of the best in the market IMHO. Here’s a few from my collection:

Ref. 7650 Co-Pilot “Yachting”, ca. 1969

Sprint, ref. 2010, “Zorro” ca. 1970. The dial was used in a re-edition a couple of years back, maybe some of you guys remember. 😀

Cosmonaute, ref. 809, ca. 1967. As ordered by Scott Carpenter (he needed a 24 hrs watch).

For me, collecting vintage Breitlings requires patience. Even more so, than vintage Omegas. One thing is originality, but the main thing is damage and/or re-dials and re-lumes. Especially the Navitimers and Cosmonautes. But there are good pieces out there, and the prices aren’t that bad! If you ask me, everybody should have a vintage Navitimer and a Speedmaster in their collection. And the Navitimer is a tad cheaper. But for how long?

I picked this early ish Aerospace up recently and absolutely love it. The design is so simple but just works so well. The bracelet with expanding clasp is a masterpiece.

some very nice references and contributions, guys - keep 'em comin' 👍👍

Only have one Breitling…and I dig it…and it was a gift from @Darlinboy . It’s an early 1950s U.S. issued navigation pocket watch…and it’s my only mil watch...
Man, that is one sweet pocket watch! 🥰 I'm not a mvmt expert (or rather, still a student) but that looks like a member of the Valjoux 19 Ligne family 😎 do you have a mvmt reference for us?

...My first love was (and is) Omega. A good second is vintage Breitling, by far the most interesting producer of chronographs in the 60s and into the 70s. ... collecting vintage Breitlings requires patience. Even more so, than vintage Omegas. One thing is originality, but the main thing is damage and/or re-dials and re-lumes. Especially the Navitimers and Cosmonautes. But there are good pieces out there, and the prices aren’t that bad! If you ask me, everybody should have a vintage Navitimer and a Speedmaster in their collection. And the Navitimer is a tad cheaper. But for how long?
What a lineup ::psy:: I agree with you on all your points. I absolutely love your 809 & I've been looking for one ever since I attended the Cosmonaute's 60th Event in ZRH a month back 😀

Speaking of vintage, here's the third member of the stack (OP) - a ~1967 Twin Jet, still in damn good condition after 55yrs 🥰

52087749906_8434cca09c_c.jpg

Man, that is one sweet pocket watch! 🥰 I'm not a mvmt expert (or rather, still a student) but that looks like a member of the Valjoux 19 Ligne family 😎 do you have a mvmt reference for us?

Thanks, sir…I believe it’s a Valjoux caliber 5 mvmt.

I am still researching a few RAF pilot watch stories (all as a hobby / not for profit) the historical stories are taking a while to finalise although I was at Duxford yesterday and met some Lancaster aircrew (all approaching the 100 mark now) which was a real privilege.
In the meantime while finalising those stories I have been chatting to some modern pilots which still link back to my WW2 research.
My second article got published yesterday…..and A special edition Breitling (30 off) made an appearance…

https://www.fratellowatches.com/flying-with-a-modern-warbird-pilot/

I am still researching a few RAF pilot watch stories (all as a hobby / not for profit) the historical stories are taking a while to finalise although I was at Duxford yesterday and met some Lancaster aircrew (all approaching the 100 mark now) which was a real privilege.
In the meantime while finalising those stories I have been chatting to some modern pilots which still link back to my WW2 research.
My second article got published yesterday…..and A special edition Breitling (30 off) made an appearance…

https://www.fratellowatches.com/flying-with-a-modern-warbird-pilot/
This is the movement of my dads RAF pocket watch and the movement on my Bremont Alt1-p2 Lancaster with his RAF number.
I always thought he'd got his watch when he was demobbed but someone told me it may have been an Aircrew piece.
I don't know what it is as I can't see a name.

Always loved Breitling ever since Jerry wore one in every episode of Seinfeld.