Forums Latest Members

SOLD Breitling Soccer Timer 34-31 Chronograph

1. Ninja2789 May 21, 2018

Howdy,

Consolidating to prepare for some big moves (literally!). Up for grabs from my collection is this neat and funky Breitling chronograph from the 1970s. Picture below before we move onto the details:

[​IMG]

Case / Bezel: 41mm tonne shaped stainless steel case. Case is sharp and unpolished, showing only minor scuffs/scratches. The case back does have a "V" shaped marking, but it is from wear and is not a scratch that actually digs into the caseback material. Lugs are clear and the rotating bezel is in great shape and turns smoothly. Case number is clearly visible and Breitling signed crown and pushers are clean.

Oh, and did I mention the case is modular? This means the main watch component can be taken out of the case to act as a "stop watch". Like I said, really neat and funky.

Dial / Handset: Dial is really immaculate. All lume is present and without cracks or blemishes. Hit the lume with a UV and it'll only hold charge for a second and shows it is original to the watch.

Movement: This is the really neat part about this watch. The movement is a modified Venus 188 slow chronograph. What this means is that the chronograph will only track minutes. As a result, the window at 6 oclock will have three positions. No lume means chronograph is stopped and reset. Full lume means the chronograph is on and running. Small lume dot means the chronograph is on, but stopped. It's incredibly cool and is a fraction of the price compared to Breitling's more well known SuperOcean 2005 reference, which has the same movement.

The watch winds smoothly and the chronograph starts/stops/resets to 12 oclock. However, I will note that I do not officially time my watches and a service is recommended as with any vintage watches.

Strap / Accessories: Head only, no accessories or straps. Lug size is 20mm and I highly recommend a nice NATO for this.

My price is $4000 USD net to me either via wire or paypal. The price includes fully insured shipping in the CONUS. For all other places reach out and we can figure something out. I am located in NYC and am more than happy to do a face to face transaction.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Edited May 21, 2018
  2. cristos71 May 21, 2018

Really cool piece, I used to have a 2005 and it is one of my biggest selling regrets. GLWTS

3. ulackfocus May 21, 2018

I would Like this post except this violates PayPal's policy:

w154 likes this.
  4. Florent May 21, 2018

I do not see where this violates paypal policy

5. Faz May 21, 2018

Oh la la!!! What an amazing and unique chrono...an incredible addition to any chronograph collection. Certainly a good conversation starter. I wish...:rolleyes:

bristnj likes this.
  6. Faz May 21, 2018

What am I missing? Seems legit?

7. Ninja2789 May 21, 2018

apologies, i wasn't aware of this. I based this posting on the format from another well member and saw this line so I thought it was kosher. I'll remove it now.

8. ulackfocus May 21, 2018

It's very common to see this in sale listings, but it does in fact violate the rules. When you see it, you probably should let that member know they aren't supposed to be asking a price plus fees. If they want the PP fees covered, either raise the price accordingly or don't accept PP.

@Florent @Faz -

In the Fees for Sending Money to Friends and Family section of their agreement, it clearly states "You may not use the 'send money to a friend or family member' feature in your PayPal account when you are paying for goods and services."

In the Fees section, it states "When you buy something from a seller who accepts PayPal you don’t pay a fee to PayPal unless your purchase requires a currency conversion. In that case, you will be charged a currency conversion spread." Also, later in the same section it states "In addition you may be required to pay a fee to PayPal if you are making a purchase using PayPal Business Payments and the seller discloses to you that you, as the buyer, must pay the fee." but that's ONLY if you're using a PayPal Business account.

And under the Accepting Payments from Buyers for Goods and Services section, the first two paragraphs are:

Receiving personal payments
    If you use your PayPal account to receive payments for the sale of goods and services or accept donations, you must not ask your buyer to send you money using the “send money to a friend or family member.” If you do so, PayPal may remove your PayPal account’s ability to accept payments from friends or family members.

No surcharges
    You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as a payment method. You may charge a handling fee in connection with the sale of goods or services as long as the handling fee does not operate as a surcharge and is not higher than the handling fee you charge for non-PayPal transactions.

Full User Agreement: https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full

Just because you see others doing it doesn't mean it's okay. Like your mother used to say when she was scolding you for doing something stupid because your buddies did it too: "If your friends jumped off a bridge, would you jump too?".

9. Faz May 21, 2018

Shit...

IMG_0535.JPG

ulackfocus likes this.
  10. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE May 22, 2018

@OP: just say "net to me" - doesn't violate Paypal's policy, doesn't rub policy-abiding members the wrong way, and you still get the full amount of cash in the end.

Nice watch, btw... I would kill that thread and start another one to remove the off-topic chit-chat, because that lovely timepiece deserves a clean thread for sure. the trade-off is, you might lose the high-frequency free bumps :rolleyes:

Oh, and you shouldn't speed, too. I've also had people "tss-tss"'ing me when I crossed the road outside of crosswalks too. Happens. Both are against the law.:whipped:

11. Ninja2789 May 22, 2018

Too late. Sold already. Live and learn for next time.

viwa64, Lonestar, ConElPueblo and 2 others like this.