Forums Latest Members

FS Breitling Navitimer Cosmonaute circa 1997

1. blubarb Sep 24, 2017

Breitling Navitimer Cosmonaute circa 1997 (Cal 12: Lemania1873)

The Breitling Navitimer Cosmonaute is a 24-hour variation of the legendary Navitimer chronograph. First designed in 1962, the watch notably traveled around the Earth at Scott Carpenter's wrist inside the Aurora 7 capsule.
    The Cosmo is a stainless steel chronograph watch with all functions working and keeping great time. No known service but checked by a watchmaker and all clean and original and no tarnishing or oxidisation on the movement all indicating a well looked after movement.

To know: there has been some water ingress to the dial at some point and you can see it in the Tritium and the dial. It has never worried me. You could easily get a new dial from Breitling and increase the value of the watch, but each person has different views on that. There is no sign of water damage to the case or movement so suspect something to do with the crystal at some point.

case: screw in back cover
    original crown and rotating bezel.
    size 41.5 mm without crown x 48mm.
    includes box and hang tag.
    original deep blue colour dial.
    original hands
    comes with original stainless steel bracelet as pictured.

pictures serve to show condition and description as collectors have their own views.
    no papers or extra links but fits up to 8 inch wrist

The watch is priced with the condition of the dial in mind. So keep as is and wear as I have been or get a new dial and profit.

A truly beautiful watch that is right up there in my rotation, but selling as I have a a long sought after watch on the horizon.

Asking USD2800 for a quick sale and will consider offers

Will include shipping. PP friends and family or Direct deposit.

Cheers
    John

IMG_7402.JPG IMG_7390.JPG IMG_7399.JPG IMG_7393.JPG IMG_7398.JPG IMG_7397.JPG IMG_7389.JPG IMG_7391.JPG IMG_7392.JPG IMG_5595 copy.JPG IMG_5596.JPG IMG_7394.JPG
    Edited Sep 25, 2017
    jstrobel1957 and Fatcat like this.
  2. blubarb Sep 25, 2017

bump