Forums Latest Members

Breaking news ;) -> OMEGA steel mesh bracelet with deployant clasp

1. Bluemooner87 Feb 14, 2023

20230214_081300.jpg
    kilofinal and ErichPryde like this.
  2. imranbecks Mar 5, 2023

Loving the Omega steel mesh on my SMP 2220.80! Very comfortable. It's the standard size M which fits my 7" wrist perfectly in the third smallest hole. Beautiful craftsmanship on the mesh. A nice fresh new look for my SMP after using the Bond bracelet for almost 11 years.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Graemega, M'Bob, Aroxx and 3 others like this.
  3. zatropolis Mar 5, 2023

That looks really cool. I hope they make a ceramic one for the sides of the moon, and while they're at it, make the endlinks flush with the case

4. imranbecks Mar 6, 2023

It has a new lease of life on the mesh bracelet. Looks like a whole new watch!

[​IMG]

munichblue and M'Bob like this.
  5. M'Bob Mar 6, 2023

Looks great. What’s your opinion on the design where the edges meet the inside of the lugs? In other words, does it appear that over time, the inside lug surfaces will become abraded?

6. imranbecks Mar 6, 2023

There is a bit of give where the endlinks meet the inside of the lugs. So if scratches do appear on the inside over time, it would probably be very light scratches. When I handle the watch with the mesh, doesn't feel like there's any resistance where it would scratch the inside of the lugs too much.

[​IMG]

M'Bob likes this.
  7. s2000_driver Mar 6, 2023

That would be cool. But unfortunately I don't think it will happen anytime soon. Manufacturing constraints and durability come to mind... Ceramic is a very tricky material to work with. Omega does do a fantastic job with it though!

8. imranbecks Mar 6, 2023

Yeah an all ceramic bracelet would be too fragile. Imagine the flexing the bracelet will go through. Then it would suddenly crack and break apart. Yikes.

9. imranbecks Mar 7, 2023

That mesh weaving is just something special. I've yet to see any aftermarket ones that looks like that.

[​IMG]

10. zatropolis Mar 7, 2023

Have there been any issues with other brands' ceramic bracelets like AP or bulgari octo finissimo?

Omega's ability to do ceragold accents abilities make it even more intriguing