Forums Latest Members
  1. San Ramon Mar 25, 2020

Hi all, I hope all is well.

Quick question, would the Seamaster Planet Ocean 600M bracelet (watch number 222.30.42.20.01.001 with a 42-mm case and 20-mm lug width) fit in my Seamaster Diver 300M (watch number 210.30.42.20.01.001 with a 42-mm case and 20-mm lug width)? Widthwise they seem to fit but the distance from spring pinholes to watch case is my concern.

Thanks in advance.

2. djpharoah Mar 25, 2020

A while back I had the technician at an Omega Boutique tried the Speedy 42mm bracelet and the spring holes were in totally different locations. Anxious to see if this works - I'm not a fan of the SMP bond bracelet.

EDIT: Just wanted to mention the Omega PO 42mm Bracelet is the 1589/858.

EDIT 2: Bit of Google later found this thread on WUS => https://forums.watchuseek.com/f20/2...an-speedy-steel-bracelet-fitment-5016805.html

Edited Mar 25, 2020
  3. San Ramon Mar 26, 2020

That is what I thought, them lugs are be a problem. I just purchase a 100% replica bracelet and I'll see what modifications I need to do. If I only need to trim off the tabs or a very small filing I can do, but if the hole distance to the case does not align then it's a no-go. I should get the sample Monday 30th, I'll get back and report my findings.

RedarT and djpharoah like this.
  4. T4RPXAZ Mar 26, 2020

Following - Love my new SMP, but would def prefer a SMPO or SM300 bracelet.

The SMP would be perfect if Omega offered a 3 link bracelet and coin edge bezel. Keep the wave dial and helium escape valve. Just my $0.02.

D9964AFA-E0A1-45B4-96AA-2C034846C746.jpeg
    Walrus likes this.
  5. San Ramon Mar 29, 2020

I received the OP replica bracelet and conducted a modification fit test on it before I went and purchased the original PO OEM bracelet for $800. The fit shows that the link does not lineup flush with the top, I filed off those little wings from the OP bracelet, but the problem is that the link sticks above the watch as you can see. I placed the SM on one side and OP on the opposite side to see the difference.

topside.JPG side view -1.jpg side view -2.jpg
    wolfe44 likes this.
  6. T4RPXAZ Mar 29, 2020

That’s unfortunate. The 3 link looks so much better. Thanks for doing the research.

wolfe44 likes this.
  7. djpharoah Mar 29, 2020

Bummer - appreciate the effort!!

8. Meme-Dweller Mar 29, 2020

> basing compatibility off a replica

9. San Ramon Mar 29, 2020

The replica is a 100% copy of the PO bracelet, you can also confirm this if you wish by buying yourself the original PO and file to fit in an SP. We will be anxious for you to let us know your result and if you differ in your opinion.

10. Meme-Dweller Mar 29, 2020

100% copy, eh? Tell us more about Chinese quality.

[​IMG]

11. San Ramon Mar 29, 2020

dude, I'm not trying to sell this information, this is my research! All I am saying is IT DOES NOT FIT! (BTW that is my filing you see in that picture using a rasp (don't point to some Chinese guy) and unfortunatly I do not have a 5-Axis CNC milling machine and a CMM system for inspection). And I have two more confirmations, I did contact Omega / Swatch service in Switzerland last week and they said it is not compatible, I also talked to Authentic Watches the same thing she told me, its a no-go. I just wanted to see for myself how can this be!!
    The bottom line from all this it does not fit, get it! Stay safe and save you health ;)

wolfe44 likes this.
  12. mossrockss Sep 11, 2022

Resurrecting this thread as my first post on this forum, with an idea I'm going to attempt once I get my SMP back from service (had some lume issues from the factory they're handling).

I think most 3-link bracelets look weird with the SMP. Something is off with them visually in almost every instance, but it's hard to put my finger on what.
    However, the Planet Ocean bracelet pairing the OP shows above looks better than any other I've seen (the top-down view). The rounded links, the thickness of them, and the proportions all probably have something to do with it.
    So it's a bummer it doesn't fit. But the problem to solve is finding a compatible end link.

The Strapcode Hexad bracelet has a solid, male endlink compatible with the SMP. I asked what the width of the middle link is, and was told it's 10mm.
    I emailed an eBay seller of replica Planet Ocean braceletsPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network what the width of the center link on the PO bracelet is, and was told it's 10mm.

So once my watch is back, I'm going to order the Hexad and a knockoff PO bracelet and see if they work together.

If it works and I like it well enough then I'd look into getting a legit PO bracelet (from the old 2500 caliber or maybe 8500, since those had male end links).

13. dragos.d Nov 23, 2023

@mossrockss, did you managed to do this? Because I am thinking to try the same thing, and I’m curious if you already solved it. Thanks

14. mossrockss Nov 26, 2023

I never did. I actually ended up selling my black SMP so I no longer own it. I now own the 42mm 2201.50 PO, though, which bracelet I wanted to experiment with. And there’s part of me that wants to get the blue SMP down the road. If I ever do I’ll keep tabs on this thread. You should try it and report back!

15. dragos.d Dec 2, 2023

Thanks for your answer. Is the center link 10mm in width?
    It has any microadjustment in the clasp?
    Thanks

16. mossrockss Dec 2, 2023

Seems to be a hair narrower than 10mm. With this junky, rudimentary ruler I think I got in 3rd grade and for some reason still have, it appears somewhere in the 9mm or 9.5mm width range…
    This particular version of the PO bracelet does not have micro-adjust in the bracelet, no. The second gen 8500 caliber bracelet did (and many people bought the clasp from that generation of bracelet and put it on this original planet ocean bracelet as an ‘upgrade’ to get the micro-adjust).

IMG_1425.jpeg
  17. dragos.d Jan 9, 2024

@mossrockss thank you for the help. It means it might not be a solution. I’ll keep searchin then