Forums Latest Members
  1. mzinski Jan 23, 2020

I would like to get an Omega 1498/840 bracelet with moderate stretch tightened. I suspect the pins are a bit worn.
    I see many recommendations (on IG and other forums) for Rolex bracelets. Rollieworks, etc are unpinning the bracelets, cleaning, repairing as required, and repinning with new pins.
    Is there anyone out there doing the same kind of thing to Omega bracelets?
    TIA

janice&fred likes this.
  2. asrnj77 Jan 24, 2020

I’m sure the same Rolex bracelet repair places could do other brands, Omega included. The technology is pretty much the same. Best way to find out is to contact them though.

janice&fred likes this.
  3. janice&fred Jan 24, 2020

I think the challenge or difference to doing other bracelets are the tooling required to spread open the links for disassembly-reassembly. special fixtures are needed if the shops want to branch out past jubilee and oyster stuff.

4. mzinski Jan 24, 2020

Yes of course, thanks, I've sent out emails to them. I'm posting more so to get feedback from the group if anyone has restored a bracelet, where they did it, and how it went. I suppose I could have written that out rather than expect everyone to read into the subtext of the post - live and learn.

wsfarrell likes this.
  5. ndgal Jan 25, 2020

Michal Young in Hong Kong is your guy for any watch band repair.
    He has repaired and tightened many Omega bracelets for me in the past.
    Work is impeccable.

http://www.classicwatchrepair.com/

janice&fred likes this.
  6. kcgunner Jul 31, 2022

I know this an old thread but do you have any idea what he charges to fix an Omega Seamaster 300m 2531.80 bracelet stretch? Thank you.