Forums Latest Members
  1. Poloplayer Antimagnetic Member Sep 30, 2012

Hi all - I'm looking for an original box for my '68 Speedmaster an wondered I anyone had a picture of what it should look like to help with my search - Thanks Giles

2. Dash1 Oct 1, 2012

Well in Europe almost certainly like this one below, but you need to make sure the red box is the full size one measuring aprox 4 x 4 x 2.5 inches (smaller ones are 4 x 4 x 2") also check the insert is present and that the hinges are intact and still snap shut correctly as that's a very weak point.
    Speedy box.jpg

3. Poloplayer Antimagnetic Member Oct 1, 2012

Thanks Ash - I'm watching the eBay one so keeping my fingers crossed.

Giles

4. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Oct 1, 2012

I've seen a few boxes like this one:

[​IMG]
    But they are very expensive if you can find one,
    gatorcpa

5. pascs Oct 1, 2012

I too had thought about buying a vintage red Omega box for my vintage Omega but then I realised that the red leather box from my other Omega has just sat in the cupboard doing nothing since I bought the watch. So a vintage box would do the same and not be of use until I came to sell the watch, which I dont plan to do anytime soon.

I therefore decided to get one of the modern Omega wooden boxes. This is in fact a beautifully made box......unfortunately I now have 2 wooden box as at the same time I was buying one from ebay, my wife bought one for me :eek: of course being the gentleman I didnt tell her about my box purchase :whistling:

6. Poloplayer Antimagnetic Member Oct 2, 2012

That sounds like a familiar story in more ways than one....:)
    I have a cupboard full of watch boxes that are of no use unless I sell something (wash my mouth out) but having decided to keep the original strap (which I won't use either) I think I need the proper box.

7. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Oct 2, 2012

I like original boxes too, in defiance of reason - after all, you can't wear the box and I don't flip much. But boxes are increasingly expensive and have gotten so pricey that one often faces the choice "box or another watch." "Another watch" wins every time.

8. Poloplayer Antimagnetic Member Oct 6, 2012

It seems that you're quite right! I was following one on eBay that sat at £50 for a week and then sold for £250!
    I'm not sure I want one that badly but will keep looking.

9. pascs Oct 6, 2012

If the vintage boxes went for £50 in great condition then for me that would be ok but when they go for a lot more then I'd rather put the money to a new watch strap or something similar instead which would get regular use.
    I just bought a watchadoo bracelet for my Seiko Monster but hard to justify spending twice that for a box I'll never use

I do like the wooden boxes though :)

Omega box.jpg

alam likes this.
  10. alam Oct 6, 2012