Forums Latest Members

Bought the new JLC master calendar and I found this!

1. MrJKLFoams Aug 24, 2020

Just want to share this to you guys and hoping for an advice on what to do. I bought the new JLC master calendar last month and while doing macro shots yesterday I found this black dot at 9 o'clock lume marker as per photo below. Should I just keep it and pretend its not there or send it back to AD and see what's gonna be the verdict? Its my first JLC and I didn't expect this type of quality control from this brand. Cheers

20200719_230002.jpg
  2. u35rm8 Aug 24, 2020

I would at least open up a dialogue with the AD and see what they say.

Readiness77, NikolShep, DaveK and 2 others like this.
  3. YY77 Aug 24, 2020

if it's visible with the naked eye they will send it in for a warranty claim. I had a dust particle on my Panerai and it was dealt with without charge (2 weeks turnaround)

Readiness77, MikiJ and MrJKLFoams like this.
  4. tyrantlizardrex Aug 24, 2020

It's been discussed a bit with other brands, but the "pass" criteria for QA is not normally under a loupe... from memory, quite a few run to "visible with the naked eye from 30cm/12 inches".

You haven't bought a cheap watch - if you are not happy, then it's worth giving JLC the chance to make you happy.

kkt, Readiness77, jaguar11 and 2 others like this.
  5. Dedalus05 Aug 24, 2020

Bought a decent loupe on a small ad site last night. This post is giving me second thoughts ::confused2::

6. Dor_42 Aug 24, 2020

If it were me I would return it, you paid for a brand new watch and that's what you should get.

MikiJ and MrJKLFoams like this.
  7. MrJKLFoams Aug 24, 2020

Same I here and I found that dot :(

Eve, MikiJ and Dedalus05 like this.
  8. MrJKLFoams Aug 24, 2020

I sent an email to the manager of the AD and since Im a good customer of them and he sold me the watch I hope he can correct this problem. Now every time I check the time my eyes end up looking at that dot instead. Thanks guys

9. Martin_J_N Aug 24, 2020

The dangers of macro, we now see what we couldn't see before and in some cases we don't like what we see that we couldn't see before.

But, the fault is there and it shouldn't be, so back to the AD and ask nicely for JLC to put right the error, which I am sure that they will.

Let us know how you get on.

10. S.H. Aug 24, 2020

Indeed. I know that Seiko/GS uses this criterion... but it does not hurt to ask your AD, politely. Sometimes they can go around rules.

MrJKLFoams and tyrantlizardrex like this.
  11. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Aug 24, 2020

Thats a tad surprising. JLC seems to be pretty solid with QC. Your AD will sort this. I’d ask either for a direct replacement or service center action.

Readiness77 and MrJKLFoams like this.
  12. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Aug 24, 2020

Thought you meant the mark inside the 9 when I first looked.......

13. Evitzee Aug 24, 2020

So, you had the watch for about a month and you didn't see the speck, but yesterday while taking macro shots you discovered it. No man made object is perfect, none, when put under high magnification. The fact that it escaped your attention for a month would indicate it's not a defect. The fact that you now see it everytime you look at it is on you and the consequence of your macro expedition. JLC may give you a new watch, or offer to replace the dial because it is clearly a used watch at this time, but what are you going to do if the next one has a similar 'issue'? Expect another one? And again? And again?

Strap that watch on and enjoy it, don't obsess over details that aren't visible to the naked eye. And put the macro lens away.

Edited Aug 24, 2020
    blufinz52 likes this.
  14. OmegaRody Aug 24, 2020

Sorry that happened in your new watch. As I read before at least let them know to see what they say about it.

Also wonder if it is a particle or that mini ball at 9 inside the dial was scratched there in that tiny spot.

MrJKLFoams likes this.
  15. MrJKLFoams Aug 24, 2020

Yes I will still ask until they give me the perfect piece I dont care because its my hard earned money and I expect a perfect piece. I owned omegas and rolexes and I didnt get this kind of problem even I used my macro lense/loop because I love those tiny details example is my moonphase chrono I bought the watch because its beautiful and mainly because of those tiny moonboot print. Thanks for your advice anyway but I will push for a brand new one.

marco, sonicosa, janice&fred and 2 others like this.
  16. MrJKLFoams Aug 24, 2020

Its more likely an ink upon further inspection. Thanks

17. MrJKLFoams Aug 24, 2020

Yeah I didnt expect this as well. Got a personal email from the manager and he's so sorry for this and he said its clearly unacceptable. He asked me to bring the watch tomorrow and they will swap it for a brand new one since they have a delivery this week. Thanks

kkt, Pun, marco and 6 others like this.
  18. NT931 Aug 24, 2020

That's nice to know - kudos to JLC service

Pun, Readiness77 and Dedalus05 like this.
  19. FREDMAYCOIN Aug 24, 2020

Wait, in the future you will have the rare dot on dot variation. Just keep it and enjoy it.

20. redpcar Aug 24, 2020

Take a loupe!!!!!!!
    ;)

MrJKLFoams, Martin_J_N and apsm100 like this.