Forums Latest Members
  1. mojothewolf Apr 25, 2015

Here's some pics. ...would welcome an evaluation of it before I see my watchmaker on Monday ........crown etc......

Thanks guys , love this place.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Apr 25, 2015

Sorry, dial has been very poorly refinished, movement looks tired and the crown is incorrect.

Return it if you can.

cicindela likes this.
  3. mojothewolf Apr 25, 2015

Knew about the crown , suspected the dial......unusual colour.... Don't think its feasible to return , happy to wear it as a beater, keeps cracking time and was recently serviced, with a bunch of new parts, didn't cost the earth either........is dial worth redoing? Replacing?

4. Barking mad Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Apr 25, 2015

If it didn't cost much, wear it and enjoy but don't throw any money at it. No point in putting another redial because it will still be a redial.

5. mojothewolf Apr 25, 2015

True enough. .. I leaped...but at a price I was very comfortable with...I'm hoping what I learn from this one will enable me to land a beautiful one when I can afford it.. Rather make a mistake at the price range I did, than at the one I intend to be at when seeking the "one"....

6. mojothewolf Apr 25, 2015

Still tempted to replace crown with decagonal one though....lol

7. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Apr 25, 2015

On the "up" side - the case looks good. The bezel still has sharp angles which actually puts the case well above avarege in my book. Keep your eyes open for an original and non refinished dial and get a correct crown for it and you will have a very nice watch. If you got this one cheap - you might get another one, with a correct dial (maybe one with a little patina on the dial and a shot case), as a donor watch - and still be within normal money.

JasonPDX likes this.
  8. KIMBER Apr 25, 2015

styggpyggeno has some sound advice for ya. That is what I would do. For now just enjoy it on your wrist.