Forums Latest Members

Bought an Omega 30t2. Is it unusual for the case to be unoriginal?

1. Logangoldfish May 8, 2019

I recently bought this Omega 30t2. When removing the case back I noticed that the housing screws that are supposed secure the movement to the case are actually missing. The movement I believe to be original and I believe the dial to be as well. The case back have the Omega stamp on it but the missing housing screws are a bit bothersome since I lack experience here. Please give me your best information.

Serial #: 9573662
    10k gold filled case

2. mac_omega May 8, 2019

Hi and welcome,

there should be the 2 screws but this is not a great issue. You can find them on the internet and it is easy to put them in. All you need is a screw driver of the right size and a steady hand...

3. Logangoldfish May 8, 2019

But there are not threds in the case for them to screw into? Also does this watch appear to be original?

4. Logangoldfish May 8, 2019

Threads

5. mac_omega May 8, 2019

You have to screw them in the movement, not the case! They will hold the movement in the case - when you screw them tight the movement is moving outwards until it firmly sits in the case.

Another possibility: the movement only lies in the case and is secured firmly by the caseback. You can check this easily. Close the caseback, move the watch and listen if the movement rattles in the case.
    If you don´t hear anything everything is fine and you won´t need screws.

It all depends on the case construction. Your´s seem to be a case made for the US market.

AdInfinitum likes this.
  6. Logangoldfish May 8, 2019

Wow thank you so much. This is on of three omegas i own and this one happens to be my favorite. I also have an NOS 14k Omega geneve from the 70s that has never been worn but this one takes the cake.

7. Logangoldfish May 8, 2019

Were the Omega emblems more elongated during this time period?