Forums Latest Members
  1. Klhender Nov 17, 2017

I'm one of many people who was born in December. I'm the oldest in my family and always got one nice gift for my birthday and Christmas. For me it was normal because Christmas was a matter of days after my birthday and it all just seemed to roll in together. I never had any problems with it because I aware of people who were lucky to have food on the table so I thought I was doing pretty good.

I would like to ask those born in December if your birthday and Christmas were celebrated together or separately?

2. GordonL Nov 17, 2017

Always separately....

3. gdupree Nov 17, 2017

Always separate, as my bday is early December. But, when beneficial to myself it wasn't uncommon for me to pull a "just get me this extra nice gift for my birthday and we'll call it a birthday + christmas gift."

What can I say, I have expensive taste.

gostang9 likes this.
  4. Tiny Iota Could potentially be the Official OF Stalker ™ Nov 17, 2017

Birthday and Christmas is only a week apart. Celebrated separately, but as a kid it was always a good bargaining chip when there was a big ticket item I coveted as a present; a SNES, my first hifi. I can have it as a joint Christmas and birthday present! Was always happy with that

Tet likes this.
  5. Waltesefalcon Nov 17, 2017

My birthday is the day after Christmas and they were always celebrated separately. When I was a kid my mom would actually take the tree down after I went to sleep Christmas night. I always got at least one nice gift for both Christmas and my birthday no matter what our circumstances were every year.

6. gostang9 Nov 17, 2017

Same for me. I’ve been married 14 and a half years, I use the combination present = justification for bigger ticket item almost every year.

7. perks713 Nov 17, 2017

First week of December here, my parents always did something separate, my aunts and uncles usually just combined it. I have an older brother who was born in April so I think they felt they couldn't get away with combining mine with Christmas. We were fortunate though, both parents had good jobs, didn't make tons of money but didn't ever struggle either. My wife's birthday is actually one week after mine (works well when I'm shopping for her last minute, I have the benefit of knowing what she got me the previous week), her mom made a point of trying to separate them, her dad combined them.