Forums Latest Members
  1. jlam1127 Sep 25, 2019

I loved it when I first saw it and was excited that I picked it up.... then after wearing it twice, it kinda is meh now.... anyone else coming off the honeymoon? Was going to sell it and buy a Batman or Pepsi, but somehow I feel like a traitor doing that......Timepiece collecting is such a fickle hobby...

Edited Sep 25, 2019
  2. petay993 Sep 25, 2019

Maybe you fell for the hype. Be honest with yourself, are you going to wear it, if not do you just enjoy the ownership proposition and admiring it, if not time to get rid.

Not sure I would be paying grey money for the two Rolex right now, I think the market is at the top. At RRP that's a different story.

How do you know you won't get bored with the GMT's, many do once the sense of attainment has passed.

You will not be short of contributors on here telling you the watch is a "hard pass"

WatchShopping and jlam1127 like this.
  3. abrod520 Sep 25, 2019

Takes me a lot longer than two months to get bored with a watch. We'll see how I feel about it in a year or two but I'm having fun trying to get a good photo of the dial.

I'm really glad I'm not one of these dudes who buys and sells watches in a matter of weeks, I'd be broke as hell.

BatDad and jlam1127 like this.
  4. Evitzee Sep 25, 2019

It's a bit soon to write it off. Yes, there was a lot of buildup over this watch so it is natural that you are coming off the sugar high. Set it aside for awhile and revisit in a month or so, if after 6 to 12 months you still feel the same way let it go. No need to rush into liquidating it, the values are holding fine now and should for awhile.

5. saulgoodman Sep 25, 2019

I tend to agree with those who say that it takes a bit longer to get bored with a watch. Having said that, it happens, and forgive me for saying so but it sounds like you made an impulse buy. Let he who has not done that on this forum cast the first stone! Anyway, a watch has to be very special if one is to hold it for a lifetime. I find that the watches I will keep forever have sentimental meaning attached to them. Having worn those watches for a long period of time, and having had them with me during the special events in my life adds quite a bit to the story of the watch and the reason it is a keeper. Days and weeks will never establish such a bond.

rominvicta and jlam1127 like this.
  6. jlam1127 Sep 25, 2019

Very good point... this was an impulse buy... and I also didn't want my sales guy to lose his commission either, so I tried to like it as much as I can..... the bracelet is really what sold me... I like my PO 600 more than the GSOM Meteorite and AP11 at this point... but I'll try to put this away for a few months and hope to fall in love again in 2020....

rominvicta likes this.
  7. petay993 Sep 25, 2019

We are all different but I find wearing it regularly helps me appreciate a piece that might be falling out of favour.

I am off out for a meal tonight and will be wearing it, always looks great under the lights.

jlam1127 likes this.
  8. JwRosenthal Sep 25, 2019

It's also possible that you loved the "idea" of the watch but it really doesn't do anything for you in the metal. I have a few watches in my collection that will eventually get purged for that very reason- I love them in concept or design, but something just doesn't work for me on a gut level. I have others that sat for years in my watch drawer and I was resigned to sell, put them on for a day and they became favorites and are back in regular rotation (my Navitimer comes to mind and taking it off the bracelet and putting it on a strap did it for me). And there are also watches that feel more comfortable for some reason in the colder months than the warmer....its all very illogical, but such is taste, ergonomics, love, etc.
    Hang on to it for a few months, try it in the winter months, and again next summer- if you don't bond with it, you don't bond with it- then sell it. Nothing wrong with that.

percymon, scapa and jlam1127 like this.
  9. rominvicta Sep 25, 2019

IMHO that’s a busy watch in general. You may not wear it constantly. Find your rhythm and go with it. If It was me I would have worn it not more than a couple of days per month.

jlam1127 likes this.
  10. FlyingSnoopy Sep 25, 2019

Well said

jlam1127 likes this.
  11. janw23 Sep 25, 2019

Worn it twice and its meh? I think it's fair to say your purchase wasn't rational, unless your tastes have changed overnight.

If it doesn't speak to you anymore, sell it. Or if you'd like you can give it to me and I'll sell it.

12. jlam1127 Sep 26, 2019

Truth

13. jlam1127 Sep 26, 2019

HAHAHAHAHAHAH.... I love that line of thinking....

14. cholack Oct 12, 2019

Sounds like a typical experience to me in this addiction...errr “hobby”. The idea of a watch sometimes doesn’t translate when you own it. Sell it and buy something else that gives you joy. No shame in doing that.

All the best

15. JohnnyRocket Oct 16, 2019

Thought I’d chime in on this. I thought quite hard about getting one, but in the end went with the Apollo 8 DSOTM. To me I thought I’d rather be “mooned” by the
    moon...Rather than by Buzz. Besides having seen that photo about half a million
    Times ( Footprint included) I kinda Like the moon on my wrist. Both sides.
    Now that Jomashop is discounting the Buzz watch the investment thrill will lose its’ lustre...unless you keep it unworn in your bedroom closet shrine and focus on the long view. Me, I wear my 8 on full moon weeks accompanied by my Pink Floyd sound track in the background.
    See you on the other side...

FinWatch and rominvicta like this.
  16. Evitzee Oct 16, 2019

I'm fortunate enough to own both the Apollo 8 and 11.....both are as different as can be. One not better than the other and it all comes down to personal choice. But there is something special about the Apollo 11 and what it commemorates, maybe it means more to those were alive and remember the landing as it took place. I think the Buzz subdial is way overblown, I'd prefer it without Aldrin but it really doesn't impact the beauty and wearability of the watch. It's a looker on the wrist, as is the Apollo 8.

Jomashop had a couple of the Apollo 11s a few weeks ago, now it doesn't even show up on their website so I don't think we can conclude they are being sold at discount now. I don't think most buyers of the watch bought it for investment value or the thrill of a chance to make money on it.

percymon and Pepe Lucas like this.
  17. GMTspeedmaster Oct 16, 2019

give it a chance:)

18. JohnnyRocket Oct 17, 2019

Reminds me of 1968.... “ All We are Saying ....Is Give Buzz A Chance”.....
    ( with Apologies to John Lennon). Hahaha!

19. RazorFrazer Oct 17, 2019

Its a nice looking watch … but damn if you are bored of it already that sucks. I love my speedmaster two years later even more than the first day I got it.

20. Pilot85 Oct 18, 2019

I still love it!!

Just chest, put another one for a few days and then come back and wear the 11 :rolleyes: