Forums Latest Members
  1. LateStart Aug 14, 2013

I'd like to fit a beads of rice bracelet to my C case gold cap Constellation (166.017) but am uncertain about the fit of the end pieces on those I've seen online; they appear to be more curved than the case of the watch at the lugs. Thoughts?

2. ulackfocus Aug 14, 2013

I can't think without pictures. :(

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 14, 2013

Isn't the brick type bracelet intended for those?

4. ulackfocus Aug 14, 2013

Usually. C-cases are not the same shape between the lugs as the standard round case, but we're not supposed to tell him that until he posts a picture of his watch.

5. LateStart Aug 14, 2013

Constellation.jpg The end pieces on this bracelet do not seem to fit properly, that is the links do not move freely.

6. mondodec Editor Constellation Collectors Blog Aug 14, 2013

That is because BOR bracelets are designed to fit an 18mm lug width and curve and not 19mm. As far as I know you wont find 19mm end pieces that fit a BOR. The other thing is that in a lot of these BORs there is a permanent row of beads attached to the end pieces.

Cheers Desmond

7. LateStart Aug 16, 2013

Many thanks. The end pieces are 18mm and the links adjacent to the end pieces are not fixed. The problem seems to be that there is insufficient space between the pin and the outside interior surface of the end piece to allow the adjacent links to move as freely as intended. Watchmaker made some adjustments and the result is, for me, satisfactory. Constellation.JPG