Forums Latest Members

Book Review – Flightmaster Only – The Omega’s Pilot’s Watch

1. Robert-Jan #SpeedyTuesday May 1, 2018

[​IMG]
    I’ve been looking many times to add a Flightmaster to my modest collection, but I never dared to pull the trigger on one. That might change now though, as the same guys who wrote the Moonwatch Only book, now bring some light into the dark world of the Flightmaster watches. Their new book titled Flightmaster […]

Visit Book Review – Flightmaster Only – The Omega’s Pilot’s Watch to read the full article.

2. roadsternet May 1, 2018

Hallo Jan,
    thanks for your nice review.
    Flighty rules :thumbsup:

Lonestar and Robert-Jan like this.
  3. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe May 1, 2018

Watch-wise surely a Bible... but the space flight details ? :thumbsdown:
    I see "" Russian cosmonaut Alexey Leonov wearing a Flightmaster on the Apollo-Soyuz mission,""

Both Leonov & Kubasov only wore the Flightmaster during training for ASTP...

4. Robert-Jan #SpeedyTuesday May 1, 2018

Correct and corrected. My mistake and not the book's fault, it is actually fully explained in there how they miss that last bit of proof that these watches were used during the mission.

SpeedyPhill likes this.
  5. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe May 1, 2018

Indeed RJ, both MWO - MoonWatchOnly and FMO - FlightMasterOnly are superb books and the kind of OmegaWatches reference bible we dreamed of in the 1970s and 1980s... a great effort by the authors and the Omega Heritage team appreciated by all OmegaHolics!
    Just hope to get a few minor spaceflight-related mistakes corrected in the next edition of the MWO book ::book::

6. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE May 1, 2018

Watch out for the run of 2019 "Flighty Friday" Flightmaster re-editions at Baselworld next year :D

Great book review @Robert-Jan - that's going to be one more going to the bookshelf, as Greg and Anthony are on top of their game again... and it will help me contemplate my own Flightmaster with a different eye!

Now watch out for the value of the mighty pilot watch pick up :eek:

Robert-Jan likes this.
  7. 77deluxe May 1, 2018

Another thing to add to the list..

Robert-Jan likes this.
  8. kov Trüffelschwein. May 2, 2018

Wrong. Flightmaster name has been sold to Seiko back then. No Flightmaster reeditions possible at Omega ::bleh:: (as stupid as it sounds ::facepalm1::)

SpeedyPhill likes this.
  9. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe May 3, 2018

Waaw didn't know about this fact of the name " Flightmaster " being sold to SEIKO :eek: