Forums Latest Members
  1. sishac May 23, 2015

Hi, Im looking to buy a full size SMP...i found this one for a fair price. 88mm serial #, still had red dot on back and comes with box but no papers. I was told that the current owner bought the watch from the original owner. The He valve looks good, the hands look good....i think the crown guards and crown look good, but Im not sure....suggestions and comments please...also it uses a non standard Speedy type bracelet (which i like)....

Help!!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Moppel May 24, 2015

Hi,
    for me this one looks legit. And it seems to be in good shape.
    But a no-go for me would be the Speedy bracelet. Nothing wrong with it, but it just does not belong to this watch.
    And be prepared that this one may need a service soon.

Cheers
    Thomas

3. sishac May 24, 2015

Hi Thomas...thanks for the reply...I like the bracelet, but agree about the potential for a service, Thanks for the comment!

4. Nobel Prize Spell Master! May 24, 2015

Yeah, it looks like the real thing, I actually like the bracelet, better than the standard issue anyway IMO. I also like the wave dial, it works well on the blue smpc .

Enjoy it!

5. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker May 24, 2015

If you PM me the full serial number I'll check to see if it matches the model it's supposed to be.

Cheers, Al

6. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member May 24, 2015

You sure the serial is 88M and not like 58M?

WatchVaultNYC likes this.
  7. Auto May 24, 2015

Think it looks great on that bracelet even though its not correct to the watch number.

8. WatchVaultNYC May 24, 2015

Yep, bracelet belongs to a sword hands or electric blue SMP. And I don't think the wavy dial Bond goes up to 88M serials (but sword hands and electric blues do)

Possibility that this is a sword hands or electric blue modded into a wavy dial bond?

9. sishac May 24, 2015

Thank you so much for the feedback!

10. sishac May 26, 2015

Just to follow up, I passed on the watch. The seller definitely said it was an 88mm serial and that fact, paired with the lack of service and the red dot set off a red flag. If it was a modded watch, no issues, but the red dot said it was never opened.

Ill just wait for another one. Thank you for all of the comments!

fskywalker and WatchVaultNYC like this.