Forums Latest Members

Bond Skeleton Seamaster Pro - Something You Never See

1. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 3, 2016

I think this is the first time I've ever seen one of these actually listed on eBAy, from memory (and I will likely be corrected by Al if I'm wrong) this is one of the Armin Strom contact sketonization jobs Omega commissioned many years ago (there were also some Speedmasters along similar lines). I believe its still a Calibre 1120 or so underneath that's been then extensively modified to get this look which I actually really do like for some reason, far more than on the Speedmaster.

The price however... that could make your eyes water

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Omega-Seama...318016?hash=item360df3d6c0:g:VzUAAOSw44BYGixiPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

[​IMG]

Jwit likes this.
  2. Jwit Not a doctor, but plays one on ΩF Dec 3, 2016

I had a brief stint with a Kenneth Cole skeleton watch as a teenager and thought it was the coolest thing in the world. Very quickly got sick of it and haven't liked the look ever since. But I actually do like this a lot as well.

ahartfie likes this.
  3. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Dec 3, 2016

Not a Cal. 1120 - it's a Cal. 2400.

[​IMG]

And that is a modified 1010 or one of that family. If you look at the barrel bridge it's pretty clear it's of that family, plus the way the automatic winding looks, and on the dial side I can see the pinion that presses onto the third wheel, plus they left the quick adjust for the date there. No question it's of that family

With the rotor removed on this 1020, you can see the similarities to the movement shot above...in particular if I rotate it to the same general orientation...

[​IMG]

Case is white gold, and the dial alone is $8k US for a replacement...

Cheers, Al

4. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Dec 3, 2016

Dial side shot you can see the similarities...

[​IMG]

5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 3, 2016

See this is why we have you around lol

6. meganfox17 Dec 3, 2016

Everytime I stare at the skeleton SMP300 dial , I get flashes of weird images in my head[emoji85][​IMG]

7. meganfox17 Dec 3, 2016

Here Jake. I made a decorated 0pen Heart Dial just for You. Delete photo once you're sick of it[emoji6] [​IMG]

ahartfie and Jwit like this.
  8. M'Bob Dec 3, 2016

I know Liberace is dead...but he wants one nonetheless.