Bond 60th Anniversary Strap Ideas

I’ve been loving my Bond 60th Anniversary edition Seamaster, but the Milanese bracelet just does not fit me (I have both standard and short length versions).

Anyone try any strap options on this watch and willing to share some photos and impressions?

I am considering a Zealande rubber strap in white. Any advice?

I'd toss it on a dark blue Omega strap for the regular SMP, personally, if I were thinking rubber.

Put mine on the Omega blue rubber strap. Makes seeing the animation in the caseback easier to view
IMG_1981.jpeg IMG_1980.jpeg

That looks amazing!! I love the Bond60th and keep ticking my way to the top of the boutique waiting list. ( I'm over a year ).

I have the Zealande red for my white 300M. It's a sharp combo - but it takes me some time to attach, unlike the OEM's which seem to align magically and perfectly.

I've gone with the standard Seamaster bracelet as I also do not like either length in the Milanese. I prefer this one much more.Bond 60th.JPG

There is a new SMP iteration coming soon, with a tapering bracelet. That's the one you want for the James Bond. Just a little patience. Until then put it on the OEM rubber strap. Enjoy.

There is a new SMP iteration coming soon, with a tapering bracelet. That's the one you want for the James Bond. Just a little patience. Until then put it on the OEM rubber strap. Enjoy.
Where did you hear this from?

All the watch YouTubers are compaining/putting in their wishlists for the next iteration of the Seamaster 300. It's about a smaller hev (this one is called the cupcake or the toothpaste cap), about a smaller then 42mm size (i.e. 40,5 and call it 41) and a little thinner then 13,7mm. JB60 is a little thicker because of the caseback. And then 90s style bracelet ofcourse.
As Omega is a company that "listens" to their customer base, a lot of youtubers and watch magazines are putting in their requests in advance and in anticipation of the upcoming release, which is on the cards.

It's too bad that the 3861 Speedmaster bracelet probably won't fit the Seamaster Diver. It's by far their best bracelet.

Really? I've not heard a thing about "soon". Have you got a source for this?

All the watch YouTubers are compaining/putting in their wishlists for the next iteration of the Seamaster 300. It's about a smaller hev (this one is called the cupcake or the toothpaste cap), about a smaller then 42mm size (i.e. 40,5 and call it 41) and a little thinner then 13,7mm. JB60 is a little thicker because of the caseback. And then 90s style bracelet ofcourse.
As Omega is a company that "listens" to their customer base, a lot of youtubers and watch magazines are putting in their requests in advance and in anticipation of the upcoming release, which is on the cards.

So, you're asserting that because these are such commonly expressed wish list items, they will become fact? Maybe. Might be best not to assert them as fact though?

My guess is they will. Ofcourse they will. Look at what Omega has done with the new iteration of the Speedmaster. Most of the things that the community was crazy about are implemented in the new model. For starters the new bracelet. We are used to it now but for a really long time the speedmaster had the 90s bracelet. People were complaining. Limited edition speedmasters got alternative straps or natos. Until the golden 50th came out with the current bracelet. The other 50th even got the 60s flat link bracelet. Other things like a step dial, dot over 90, tear drop chrono hand are welcome updates. And I like the minute track divides every second in 3 sections, since it's a 3hz movement. The old design that devides a second in 5 sections, came from the 321 movement, beating at 2,5hz. All these improvements were asked for by the community, and tested in limited editions beforehand.
So don't you think the same is bound to happen for the Seamaster?

My guess is they will. Ofcourse they will. Look at what Omega has done with the new iteration of the Speedmaster. Most of the things that the community was crazy about are implemented in the new model. For starters the new bracelet. We are used to it now but for a really long time the speedmaster had the 90s bracelet. People were complaining. Limited edition speedmasters got alternative straps or natos. Until the golden 50th came out with the current bracelet. The other 50th even got the 60s flat link bracelet. Other things like a step dial, dot over 90, tear drop chrono hand are welcome updates. And I like the minute track divides every second in 3 sections, since it's a 3hz movement. The old design that devides a second in 5 sections, came from the 321 movement, beating at 2,5hz. All these improvements were asked for by the community, and tested in limited editions beforehand.
So don't you think the same is bound to happen for the Seamaster?

I think it's highly likely. I don't have a problem with the speculation whatsoever, I might actually consider an SMP if it fit the criteria you are outlining. However,. Without an actual time frame here we can't know whether or not it is practical for our initial poster to wait or not. Obviously soon can mean a lot of things but it implies, well, some sort of knowledge as to win soon will be.

Hopefully that makes sense? I don't think anybody here is trying to pick I disagreement unnecessarily. We'd all like to have concrete information.

I dunno. There's such a big investment in the current architecture and Barbara Broccoli just indicated the next Bond selection isn't underway - I'm kind of thinking it might be a while for any fundamental changes to the 300M.

HOWEVER, if I were in the speculating business, I'd be looking right at the 300 heritage. Although they keep changing it every few years - I think it is the perfect place for them to recapture the 38-40mm sports watch arena. Drop that think down to 39mm - perhaps flatten out he crystal a little, so it isn't a bubble. Dig deep into Tudor's range.

I dunno. There's such a big investment in the current architecture and Barbara Broccoli just indicated the next Bond selection isn't underway - I'm kind of thinking it might be a while for any fundamental changes to the 300M.

HOWEVER, if I were in the speculating business, I'd be looking right at the 300 heritage. Although they keep changing it every few years - I think it is the perfect place for them to recapture the 38-40mm sports watch arena. Drop that think down to 39mm - perhaps flatten out he crystal a little, so it isn't a bubble. Dig deep into Tudor's range.

There is room in the case back to reduce height, get this thing down to 13.3 mm and leave it at 41 would be my preference, because I don't see any reason to target a lesser competitor as opposed to a greater competitor. Drop the fauxtina for a good modern white and go back to a ceramic bezel and the Heritage would easily be more attractive to me than any submariner.

Omega has an issue with intra-model competition, and I don't think that decreasing the case diameter of the Heritage would solve that. Send it upmarket, not down market. Rolex can't price Tudor higher nor probably afford to make Tudor cases to Rolex specs, because it might bite into the Rolex branding.

Idk what it is but the Seamaster 300 heritage model looks and feels massive when I tried it on even though it's only 41mm.

I know Omega really likes to use their 8900 based movement with the jump hour but I'd be more willing to buy their watches if they used the 8800 movement to thin out their watches.

Idk what it is but the Seamaster 300 heritage model looks and feels massive when I tried it on even though it's only 41mm.

I know Omega really likes to use their 8900 based movement with the jump hour but I'd be more willing to buy their watches if they used the 8800 movement to thin out their watches.

DId you try on first or second gen?

DId you try on first or second gen?
I’ve tried both. First gen was just too thick and second gen was too big. It felt thinner but was still massive.

I’ve tried both. First gen was just too thick and second gen was too big. It felt thinner but was still massive.

suum cuique pulchrum est.

Edit: (to each their own)

The reality is *that while I am perfectly happy with a 41 mm diameter watch, you're both probably correct that Omega could use a sporty 39 mm in their dive lineup.
Edited:

I think it's highly likely. I don't have a problem with the speculation whatsoever, I might actually consider an SMP if it fit the criteria you are outlining. However,. Without an actual time frame here we can't know whether or not it is practical for our initial poster to wait or not. Obviously soon can mean a lot of things but it implies, well, some sort of knowledge as to win soon will be.

Hopefully that makes sense? I don't think anybody here is trying to pick I disagreement unnecessarily. We'd all like to have concrete information.

Yes you are absolutely right. We don't have certainty until it's officially released by Omega. For now it's speculation and rumors. Could be true or false.
When I look at the current catalog the 300M is on of the smallest and thinnest divers already, if you don't count the Seamaster Aqua Terra (not really a true diver). 300M chronos, Planet Oceans in all variations are all bigger. And PO's are supposed to be.
So what's the problem you could say. The 49,9mm lug to lug? or the thickness. Hefty bracelet? Or the combination of all together. The 300M is one of the hot sellers anyway.
As lovers of the brand we all are trying to "perfect" the models and I think that's a good thing. Thanks for your replies.