"Bluejeans" dial. DeVille Dynamic 166.144. What am I looking at here?

Stumbled across this really intersting dial on eBay. What is this exactly? Was this is a factory finish offered or is it damaged? I am not too sure what I am looking at. I see way more Geneve Dynamics out there. But those usually have bullseye dials. Either way, its a real stunner in my eye.

Ended up finding it again on a 166.144. Who can tell me something about the dial? Just looking for info out of curiosity.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2044573647...uid=1TkFmKiBS32&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Thanks!

s-l1600.png s-l1600a.jpg

This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.
Like 1
To me it looks it was damaged by whatever it was folded up in when stored at some point, certainly not anything I'd pay a premium for.

Like 1
Hard to tel from these photos but some Rolex’s and Omegas from the 70’s-80’s suffer from cracking of the top lacquer layer. Some people called it ‘spider webbing’. I don’t find it appealing but some do.

Like 1
There are funky dials like this, I'd assume it's original

That loose dial however is from the further cost cutting times, it's likely a male model with a smaller ladies movement

Like 1
There are two with this odd "blue jeans" dial currently listed on C24. Sellers both indicate dials are rare. It looks too purposeful to be damage and the amount of these Im seeing kinda rules out one-off damage conditions. I wonder if anyone in has one or has seen in person before? Its definitely an oddball. I dont know much about the 70's watches.
upload_2024-3-15_20-35-3.png

There are funky dials like this, I'd assume it's original

That loose dial however is from the further cost cutting times, it's likely a male model with a smaller ladies movement
I thought the same but this ref got a 1022 and a large 42mm case. Surprising.

Heres one of the two ads on C24
https://www.chrono24.com/watch/JNLRW4

A trashed dial from ebay but you can see the interesting pattern anyway. And Kaplan, you're right, these also came on the smaller 30mm womens watch with a 684cal. The first picture in the post is for the smaller womens watch.

upload_2024-3-15_20-46-44.png

There was a bunch of funky dials in the early 1970's. Check out the Vanac series from Seiko.

king_seiko_vanac_56267180_1587643809_5cd54c93_progressive.jpg

DSC09584.JPG

b170ac51-26d2-4bc6-bed4-7f49f0b9e882-jpeg.520257

Like 3
If this were due to damage, I would expect the lettering to be affected. But await thoughts from the experts......
Edited:

Like 1
Recently saw this one but there was competition so I couldn't get it

Actual tiger eye stone dial on an Omega with an unidentified metal case

Screenshot 2024-03-10 at 01.42.36.png

Different De Ville's, Unique Dynamic's - these become the usual thing after a while, it's pretty sad for even a one of a kind dial to be undemanded

Like 1
It's not a variant of a Dynamic dial I've ever seen before and I've looked at (pictures of) hundreds, but the quality is good enough for it to be Omega original.
Looking at that dial only picture, the printing is crisp & clear. The applied indices have clearly been put on after the dial has been printed, lume dots are reugularly sized and accurately placed.

All three examples of the dial on this thread are marked " - Swiss Made -" instead of "T Swiss Made T", yet all three have dial lume & the one cased example has lume ont he hands too. Given that the cased example is in a 2nd release polished case Dynamic, that dates it to the mid 70's. Was there an alternative to Tritium lume available? Or was it not mandatory to mark the dial with "T"s to show the presence of Tritium?

Like 1
Here's another similar dial (from this link).
In fact the dial texture pattern looks the same as the above day/date.

Like 2
Here's another similar dial (from this link).
In fact the dial texture pattern looks the same as the above day/date.
Good find. Its SUCH an oddball watch, it really piques my interest. I would love to see one of these on my wrist at some point, I just wish I knew more about them. Honestly surprised someone hasnt popped in here yet with difinitive info.

Good find. Its SUCH an oddball watch, it really piques my interest. I would love to see one of these on my wrist at some point, I just wish I knew more about them. Honestly surprised someone hasnt popped in here yet with difinitive info.

It's a factory dial...this is the dial for the 166144 case...

064TT1668008 | DIAL BLUE IND.GREY LUM. 1020

Omega doesn't list anything particular about the pattern, so it was just another one that they offered. No longer available, so if you end up with a damaged one, it would be refinished by Omega, but I have no idea if they would put the same pattern on it or not. So if you are going to buy one, buy well.

Generally speaking the 1010 and 1020 series Dynamics don't tend to get the same attention that the earlier versions do.

Like 2
Generally speaking the 1010 and 1020 series Dynamics don't tend to get the same attention that the earlier versions do.

I’m working on that, I really think they’re some of the best value vintage Omega models out there at the moment and there are some very attractive watches available for peanuts while everyone is clamoring for refinished black dialed piepans.

Like 2