Blue vs black alligator strap on latest blue dial Aqua Terra

I have the latest horizontal teak blue dial AT on a bracelet. I’m having a tough time deciding between a dark blue vs black alligator strap. The stitching must be dark.

Which do you prefer? Any pics are certainly welcome.

FWIW I have the previous cal. 8500 AT w/ blue dial and prefer the blue alligator strap.

4AEC0DDB-106A-4517-9050-AEAD5CDB4340.jpeg

Blue dial can pair with a blue or brown strap pretty well. Blue dial with a black strap looks odd to me.

I bought the AT on the dark blue leather and to be honest it's as close to black as you'll get. I sometimes put my Speedmaster 3861 on the strap and it looks almost black. I don't have any pictures of the Speedy on that strap but it doesn't look very blue at all. I'd get the blue with dark blue stitching again if I needed to.

These are some nice looking photos! I have my blue AT 8900 on Omega gray nato ATM. But I like the idea of a dark leather omega strap too. Like Gerry says, the blue actually does look pretty dark IRL. I was surprised how much I liked it when I finally saw it. (And same for blue rubber actually…). Don’t be put off, try and check it out in a boutique! Good luck!

I agree with the majority on the blue strap. However, IMHO, if you pair it with the blue rubber strap that comes with the 220.12.41.21.03.007, it looks absolutely stunning. I know you said dark stitching, but the contrast adds a very nice flair.