Forums Latest Members

FS BlancPain LeMan Moonphase boxed For Sale

1. Norfolk Jun 14, 2019

Absolutely stunning Blancpain Leman Moonphase and Complete Calendar stainless steel men's wrist watch. Model 2763.1127A.11. This watch is in beautiful condition, running great and all functions are working properly! Original retail price $14,100.00.

I got this last year some time in a trade for some vintage Omegas I moved on - my wife loved it and I thought I wanted a white face dress watch with moonphase on an elegant leather strap. Turns out since spending more time in USA I have very little need for a dress watch hence the sale. I have worn it less than 10 times I guess and the original owner (an extremely wealthy local collector) probably worn it about the same amount. It is a stunning and beautiful piece but has to go as just does not fit in with the rest of my collection...So...

Steel case is approximately 38mm (excluding the crown). Circa late 1990s I believe. Screwdown crown.

Overall condition: Case is in outstanding condition, recently cleaned but not polished. Movement was serviced before my completion of the deal by a local Omega-certified man who sorted out the sticking moonphase. Dial and hands are as new. Signed crown and case back. Keeps very accurate time - I have it on a winder so I dont have to reset on the rare occasions I put it on.

Includes genuine Blancpain deep honey brown original Alligator deployment strap and genuine Blancpain-signed steel deployment - both original to the watch. Strap is rubber-backed for swimming - watch is apparently waterproof but I would not go in the water with this! I personally think the strap is much more attractive than the bracelet and the colour of the leather is a wonderful contrast to the white dial and steel case. Very comfortable too. Still has some good life in it. I tried it on some other leather deployments I had and kept coming back to this original one.

I sourced the correct and beautiful wooden inlaid box at quite a cost. Has a pusher for the setting of day, month, date and moonphase.

I believe the dial is white porcelain and white gold markers but might be wrong on this. Happy to be corrected. It is outside my normal collecting area (Omega and military) so my knowledge is limited.

I am not looking for trades UNLESS you have a 1960s Omega Deluxe Constellation with stepped piepan dial ( which is missing from my Connie collection!) or a 1957 Speedmaster Professional 50th anniversary, so straight sale only. I can post in US using USPS or FEDEX and will be back in UK at end of June so could post RMSD or meet up for any UK of European buyers.

I wear this on my 7.5 inch wrist - the 38mm is quite large enough. Please contact me if you have further questions. I am a collector not a dealer and am in New York most of the time now.

Price for this I have tried to base on what it came to me for in my trades which is less that the market price it would appear. The Chrono24 prices seems to run between USD 5.5k and 8k and one sold on Ebay for US4999 recently and there is one for sale at USD7300. I am asking USD4500 GBP3500. If you are in Eurozone lets talk as the currency is all over the place. I would prefer payment direct to my US bank account or UK bank account but again we can discuss this and find a mutually acceptable method.

It is a lot of watch - multiple complications, great maker, elegant construction, timeless classic at a fraction of the price of a comparable Patek or similar. I hope it can find more time on someone elses wrist!

Edited Jun 14, 2019
  2. Norfolk Jun 14, 2019

3. Norfolk Jun 22, 2019

Going to bump this and open up to other trades such as Monaco McQueen.