Black Friday is upon us...

A few interesting deals here and there. I see Jomashop with the infamous P01.

For those unaware “Black Friday” came from US retailers who were traditionally in the “red” based on red ink indicating negative balances. The Friday after thanksgiving would typically become a big day of sales for people shopping for the holidays and their ledgers would go from negative to positive (black). It’s now become a big sale around the world. I recall in the UAE they call it “White Friday” as Black Friday seemed to have negative regional connotations.

In the past I know there have been some good deals on Seikos from US-based department stores.

When I first heard about black Friday, I thought it was describing some civil unrest, and I couldn't come to terms with how excited this person was to tell me about going to the US to be part of it

"Black Friday" was actually coined by news reports comparing the hordes of shoppers rushing into stores, to the run on the banks on Black Monday that kicked off the Great Depression!

As for the P01, it is perhaps one of the last lines of defense to keep those hordes away - one glance and they'll run far away

Black Friday is the epitome of the crazy capitalist West commercializing what used to be a religious holiday for the benefit of the wealthy overlords who continue to oppress the workers by insisting that they buy useless crap. Join me comrades, in stopping this madness!

Seriously, whatever happened to Thanksgiving (US)? Heck, some radio stations around here started playing Christmas music after Halloween (another stupid USA tradition). Here at work they put up a tree in the cafeteria. I tried to explain to them that it was insulting to non-Christians, but as usual, no one listens to me. LOL

Wait, is it no longer appropriate to say “Black Friday”? I can’t keep up with the changes. I wished a coworker happy Columbus Day she got upset and told me it’s “indigenous peoples day.” I seriously meant no harm I got an email from HR asking me specifically to cover “Columbus Day”. I have to admit I used to bring my wife to Best Buy on Black Fridays, she would load up on electronics to send to family in China. She got some pretty amazing deals but I agree with @mjb it’s just commercializing days that used to have more significant meaning, having said that I am looking at the jomashop deals

Wait, is it no longer appropriate to say “Black Friday”? I can’t keep up with the changes. I wished a coworker happy Columbus Day she got upset and told me it’s “indigenous peoples day.” I seriously meant no harm I got an email from HR asking me specifically to cover “Columbus Day”. I have to admit I used to bring my wife to Best Buy on Black Fridays, she would load up on electronics to send to family in China. She got some pretty amazing deals but I agree with @mjb it’s just commercializing days that used to have more significant meaning, having said that I am looking at the jomashop deals

That’s why Aussies just say G,day

Black Friday is the epitome of the crazy capitalist West commercializing what used to be a religious holiday for the benefit of the wealthy overlords who continue to oppress the workers by insisting that they buy useless crap. Join me comrades, in stopping this madness!

Seriously, whatever happened to Thanksgiving (US)? Heck, some radio stations around here started playing Christmas music after Halloween (another stupid USA tradition). Here at work they put up a tree in the cafeteria. I tried to explain to them that it was insulting to non-Christians, but as usual, no one listens to me. LOL

I wasn’t aware that thanksgiving was still classed as a religious holiday.

I foolishly believed, that in the best traditions of the US, that this was a secular holiday to be enjoyed by all.

Crazy capitalism is what allows billions of people to live safe, comfortable lives. There is no rational alternative.

Christmas is now considered a secular holiday. Some people have decided to get all wound up over Christmas, It's wasted energy, it's not going away. Have an egg nog and enjoy the season.

That’s why Aussies just say G,day

No alligators or crocs till page 16. You know that rule better than anyone

Yes, everyone is offended about everything.

To be correct, it is seasons greetings as happy holidays implies holy day.

No alligators or crocs till page 16. You know that rule better than anyone
If I laugh out loud any post on any subject gets a like. If I have to take off my glasses to wipe the tears from my eyes it should surely have many likes. Mods, can we have a multi-like button, pretty please?

If I laugh out loud any post on any subject gets a like. If I have to take off my glasses to wipe the tears from my eyes it should surely have many likes. Mods, can we have a multi-like button, pretty please?
Well thanks but I am not held in much esteem by a number of mods so I doubt I will get that function added, @janice&fred on the other hand get all those kind of perks

It was all over when I first heard "Happy Halloween".

Wait.... whuuuuut?

It was all over when I first heard "Happy Halloween".

Wait.... whuuuuut?

It's nothing but a happy time around here...at least in normal years.

Even the National Public Radio station has been starting to play Christmas music yesterday evening and a the news had a story about Christmas music with clips this morning.

Maybe if people didn't start playing Christmas music before Thanksgiving they wouldn't be so sick of it by December 25.

Bah, Humbug.

This thread needs more watch pictures than croc pictures.

I have to admit I used to bring my wife to Best Buy on Black Fridays, she would load up on electronics to send to family in China.
It is always ironic to me when goods get shipped back to the country where it was made because people overseas can afford to import the goods, pay retail, and then pay to ship them back, and the people there in the country cannot easily afford and that is without export/ import taxes being added.